Becca Glow On The Go Shimmering Skin Perfector Opal Review: For super radiant skin!

Becca Glow on the go Shimmering Skin Perfector Opal review.

PRICE: P1,139.00
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at sephora.ph

THE VERDICT:

When everyone was all over strobing, Becca is one of the brands that led the movement with Shimmering Skin Perfector; Champagne Pop is arguably their best- seller because almost everyone I meet and ask which highlighter they love, a lot will say Becca and it will immediately be followed by Champagne Pop.

I have never owned any Becca makeup product in my life because I find it a bit expensive, at least here in the Philippines, but I have always been wanting to try their famed highlighters. I learned recently that they combined travel- sized versions of the best- selling Shimmering Skin Perfector liquid and powder in one handy set called Glow On The Go and I thought it's finally time to try it.

I'm telling you, if you want skin radiance, Becca's highlighters are the way to go!


Shimmering Skin Perfector liquid provides subtle radiance to the skin and provides a dewy finish. Shimmering Skin Perfector pressed highlighter is the powder counterpart; the line has 7 shades and also has Shimmering Skin Perfector Cream. The liquid and powder are converted to travel- size and combined in the Glow on the go set, which I think is a really good idea to introduce consumers to the brand or its products.

Shimmering Skin Perfector Highlighter mini is just about the size of a single pan of eyeshadow; it comes in a slim compact with mirror

Shimmering Skin Perfector liquid comes with a paddle sponge applicator, which perfectly covers the width of the cheekbone for one go application.

Sephora.ph carries two shades of this set: Champagne Pop and Opal. No luck with Champagne Pop because it's OOS so I got Opal. Opal is actually a very nice shade! According to beccacosmetics.com, Opal is a 'neutral white gold with soft pink pearl'; the powder is pretty much accurate with the description, but the liquid is more of a golden champagne on me; the liquid formula may have affected the shade Opal, but there is no significant difference between the finish of the two anyway.

The liquid version is a light, gel- like liquid with a nice, cooling feel; I like the consistency because it doesn't clump, unlike other liquid highlighters; pigmentation is medium to heavy. The powder version, on the other hand, is a soft powder with medium to heavy pigmentation as well. Both products are unscented.

Opal liquid on cheek bones and chin

At first, I thought this product isn't really doing anything, but after applying on all my glow points, I was like "Whoa!" because after seeing the full picture, it made my skin look naturally radiant, like I were 16, young, had great skin, and didn't worry about paying the bills LOL.

I betcha if I didn't tell you I am wearing liquid highlighter in this photo, you wouldn't notice!

Shimmering Skin Perfector is also a great topper for full coverage, matte foundations because it brings back the skin- like glow and texture to the makeup. What's good about this product is the radiance stays even if you set it with powder as long as it's translucent. Also, if you have really good skin, you can use this on bare skin to give it a lovely, radiant look!

Opal powder on chin, cheekbone, inner eyelid, brow bone

I used the pressed highlighter to set the liquid highlighter and I now feel like a radiant goddess! The highlighter seems to have less compact shimmer particles, which results to a more diffused glow, but you can build it up if you want a blinding finish. Best part is it doesn't look as if it's sitting on top of the skin.

Staying power is great; the powder lasts the whole day on my combination oily/normal skin.

I actually recommend both the powder and liquid because not only do they complement each other, they also have individually exclusive benefits.

Shimmering Skin Perfector is like a marriage between a blinding highlighter and Hourglass' Ambient Light powders; perfect for those who want a noticeable strobe, but not necessarily shocking. It's a highlighter that I can wear everyday!

BECCA GLOW ON THE GO SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR IN OPAL RATING

Please visit SEPHORA PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information and SEPHORA PHILIPPINES OFFICIAL WEBSITE to purchase.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Looks like one of the best "wet" highlighters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. M you should also try the moonstone one, I have that liquid highlighter and I love so much that it never left my make up pouch after my first use hahaha ..

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)