Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder: Worth the hype?

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder review.

PRICE: P1,950
FROM: Rustans, Alabang Town Center
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in all Rustans department stores

THE VERDICT:

Laura Mercier's iconic translucent powder is having a resurgence lately; I've observed lately that a lot of people have been talking about the product and online sellers are riding the trend by reselling. Were there beauty influencers who hyped this product lately? I'm not aware, but what I do know is I loved Laura Mercier's Invisible Setting Powder before; will the translucent powder be just as good or superior than my favorite Laura Mercier setting powder; is it worth the hype? I bought a tub to find out because a lot have been requesting me to review it too!


Ingredients
Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder is a velvety loose powder that comes in two shades that are meant to fit a variety of skin tones; one is this, translucent, and the other, a medium/dark shade. It promises to smooth the skin, set foundation, and keep skin matte for up to 12 hours.

Nothing fancy about the product; just a decent frosty plastic jar with a cap in the brand's signature chocolate brown hue. I only cut a portion of the sticker to allow just the right amount of powder to pass through the holes.

Texture is soft and feels like talc; I could definitely feel that it has smoothing properties. It is unscented and the shade Translucent has a light yellow tone to it, which gives a mild brightening effect and makes it universal for all undertones.

A lot said that the product is good for baking so I use it exactly for that. The powder has a smoothing effect indeed and makes a good baking powder for the under eyes just like my favorite, Coty Airspun, but without the fragrance and thick coverage.

And since it has a semi- creamy texture, it doesn't come off as true translucent in my opinion; plus points for the smoothing, pore- blurring effect; it really gives the illusion of even- toned, smooth, healthy- looking skin. It mattifies the skin, but not the flat matte finish. Overall, it's a pretty- looking powder.

Regarding the 12- hour mattifying effect, sorry folks, but I don't find that to be true; I can't even last for 4 hours without getting oily with this product. Coty Airspun can stall oil longer than this and it's much cheaper.

Sad to say, but I wasn't that impressed with this product; loved the smoothing effect though, but for P1950 and a claim that it can keep skin matte for up to 12 hours, I'd expect more, especially the oil control part. If you have normal skin though, maybe you will love this.

LAURA MERCIER TRANSLUCENT LOOSE POWDER RATING

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Im planning to buy Coty Air Spun Ms. Martha....thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up! I've heard many people claim that this is the best loose powder for them. With the price, I must say na dapat lang HAHAHAHA but I guess it doesn't live up to all the hype. Thanks for sharing your honest review on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow i love this Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder . It comes with 2 shades and it will last 12hrs .. Want to try this ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lalo siguro pah oily skin ang gumamit neto .
    Baka di aabot ng 4 hours .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...4hrs lang?😢😢😢..lalo na po siguro sakin kc excessive oilliness talaga yung T zone ko with matching madali pang magpawis😢😢😢

    ReplyDelete
  6. sakto paubos na powder kong gnyan na pangbake hehe..I don't know whjat products mga gnyan so tlgang I'm looking for reviews, that's new po dba? so mahal pa yan hehe, gusto ko sa gnyan is the color it adds sa mukha ko and sana d masapawan ung foundation. blend2 lang naman pra maadjust pero sakto po kulay nyan madam sau, I think it'll be ok din sakin

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)