PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: 18 LA LUNE BY DOLCE AND GABBANA

Here's an initial review on 18 LA LUNE BY DOLCE AND GABBANA

PRICE: $63 (AROUND 2983PHP)
PLACE BOUGHT: FASHION WALK AT DUTY FREE
OTHER LOCATIONS: ?


SITE DESCRIPTION: Dolce & Gabbana presents five perfumes of their collection The D&G Anthology, which arrives on the market in September 2009. Two other fragrances will join the collection next year.

The fragrances are advertised by celebrities, who are shown naked in advertising campaign made by Mario Testino. Women models are Naomi Campbell, Eva Herzigova and Claudia Schiffer, and men are: Noah Mills, Fernando Fernanes and Tyson Ballou. The collection The D&G Anthology was inspired by tarot cards and their marks.

The fragrances of this collection were named: Le Bateleur 1 (Tyson Ballou), L’Imperatrice 3 (Naomi Campbell), L’Amoureaux 6 (Noah Mills), La Roue de la Fortune 10 (Eva Herzigova and Fernando Fernandes), La Lune 18 (Claudia Schiffer). All fragrances will be available in amount of 100ml (3.4 oz) edt.

La Lune 18 includes aromas of lily, tuberose, sandalwood, musk, iris root and leather.


THE VERDICT:

This is the newest perfume line by Dolce and Gabbana.

I'm not going to beat around the bush anymore, let's go to the actual product, shall we? :D

As stated in the description, this line was inspired by Tarot Cards. It claims that all scents are neither for males, females or are unisex. So to be safe, I'll say that this scent is for those who will purchase it, whoever and whatever they are. :p

So there are two scents that I shall presume as "For Women", namely La Lune and L'Imperatrice. I only got a whiff of L'Impreatrice and decided that it was indeed, a Fortune Teller's scent. A whiff gave me that image of the Fortune Teller on one of R.L. Stine's Fear Street books entitled, Revenge of the Fortune Teller (If you know that book, you'll get the drift) :)

So during the first spray, La Lune reminded me of a fresh clean white satin dress that hangs delicately around my body, while I sit on a window under a pale blue moonlight, where I hold nothing but a lighted candle on my hand. The imagery gives you an impression that it is both eerie and beautiful. And that's how I would describe this rather "mysterious" scent of La Lune.

It is mysterious in a way because it smelled strong yet sexy. As it settles on your skin, it leaves behind a woody scent with hints of florals. You don't know if it smells feminine or masculine. It is something in between. It's like I'm torn in deciding whether this smelled like an exquisite perfumed candle or a perfume. But one thing's for sure, this has a scent that would definitely be of some significance to older women. I do appreciate all kinds of perfumes. This one is strangely lovely, but I still can't find it in my heart to fall in love with it. Or maybe, not just yet. But I like it. There is a thin line between liking and loving.

However, on the technical side, the scent does fade easily, which goes to show that this doesn't have a good staying power. And the cap is freakishly heavy, while the bottle is freakishly heavier as well. Since this is a pain on the ass to bring in your bag and the staying power is not impressive, it just gives you this problem that's quite hard to solve. What would you do to reapply it? Hmmm... Is this another mystery La Lune intended to give (HAHAHAHA). :P

Overall, this is the best among the Tarot- inspired line of D&G. And I just realized,I don't know if I gave you guys a positive or a negative review.

Well, this is the "Mystery". I leave the answer to you. :)

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. aaaw.. d pala mganda staying power nung La lune.. it's okay that my friend replace it with a mascara instead.. hehe.. ty for the review Ms. Martha.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)