PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: YVES SAINT LAURENT ROUGE PUR LIPSTICK IN 141 (ROSE PINK)


Here's an initial review on  YVES SAINT LAURENT ROUGE PUR LIPSTICK IN 141 (ROSE PINK)
PRICE: 1350PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: YSL COUNTER, RUSTAN'S MAKATI CITY
OTHER LOCATIONS: SHANGRI- LA MALL, ORTIGAS; ROBINSON'S PLACE ERMITA, MANILA

THE VERDICT:

Here's my 2nd tube of Rouge Pur lipstick. I absolutely fell in love with the formulation! Though I have to admit that the price is quite steep. I wasn't actually planning to get any lipsticks but I just fell in love with the color. :p

Rose Pink is a nude pink lipstick. It has no shimmers whatsoever. It is in the satin variant.

Hand Swatch

One of the reasons why I fell in love with the Rouge Pur lipstick is because of it's luxurious consistency. It feels so lightweight yet it gives a good pigmented coverage. It's a tube of pure color. What do I mean by saying "Pure Color". The fact that it's lightweight means that it's not loaded too much with wax (or whatever they use to solidify lipsticks) to thicken the actual product, which can be one of the reasons of color inconsistencies in terms of the swatch and the actual color of a lipstick. It has an expensive- smelling perfume scent that might be bothering to some. And the color doesn't change at all once you apply it on your lips. In fact, the color of the lipstick on the tube looks so accurate when compared to the lipstick color on your lips (Refer to the picture above), which goes to show that a tube of the Rouge Pur is packed of pure color.

Sorry for the uneven application. :) Oh, this baby also has SPF 8 to protect your puckers in style. :)

I would absolutely love to purchase another color. But in the meantime, I'd have to at least create a rounded edge on all my YSL lippies 'cos I've bought the three tubes just this month! YAY! :)

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Wow I wanna get the YSL Rouge Volupte coz of the luxurious packaging! =) seems like they really put so much effort in formulating the lipstick since the color is accurate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. chelle: yup. :) kaya siguro rouge pur. :) you gotta try it, i loove the formulation. :) and the colors are pretty pa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! Yeah... Nako panibagong gastos nanaman for me! =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yeah =p Luckily when I asked for the available YSL shades na P900 wala yung peach passion! woohoo! I'm saved! (for now hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  5. chelle: mabenta kasi daw yun sis. :) i think sa makati meron. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)