MY BOUTIQUE STYLE ROOM :)

For a little change in my beauty blog, let me show you guys my humble private space.

Welcome to my bedroom! This is where I cook up most of my reviews and topics for my blog. :)

I am in love with the Victorian Era: The ornateness of their furniture, the intricate details on their walls and ceilings, and the complex yet luxurious look and feel of everything when put together. The Victorian era is characterized by heavily decorated homes, with women in elaborate gowns to boot. It was an era of great inclination to anything fancy and extravagant. I love this era plainly because I have a great love for anything vintage.


Photo Credits: thefurniture.com

This bedroom is Victorian- inspired. Looks very sophisticated, no? As much as I want to put heavily decorated beds, side tables, and racks, I can't 'cos it won't fit a very small room. I don't want it to look cramped. A small space will look bigger if you put small displays and simple furniture. Just play a bit with the details to break the monotony of the design. :p

And here is my take on a Victorian- inspired bedroom. I call it "Le Boutique'. Sorry, my room has this weird shape. I really can't take a good pic of it. I have detailed pics below showing what you can spot inside my room. :)

The star of my bedroom is this 1950's chandelier with real glass beads. I got this from my recent trip to Bangkal, Makati, home of thrift furniture shops. Would you believe I snagged this for 2500php only? It was such a good bargain, I had to get it. You have to admit that chandeliers are very pricey, and a 2500php vintage chandelier will rarely come your way! This baby works perfectly fine, and is a real vintage item. It added more flair and drama to my plain space. :D

Here's my closet. Looks deceivingly small, but 'tis very spacious. Check out my shoe boxes atop the closet. I even labeled the boxes. :D

Moi books and rare dvds collection! :D

I transferred my bags to the third section 'cos I figured that I'll need more room to accommodate my books and dvd collection. The second section houses my shirts and lounge wear.

The drawer below the bags stores my underwear and brassieres. :)

My clothes. :) Below is a Messy Bessy linen spray. dry box for my Lumix LX3, lunchbox storage for my hair rollers, and shirts of a friend. :)

These Kabuki masks are also one of my priced possessions. As a theatre artist, I feel the need to own something that is related to theatre. These Kabuki masks are from Japan, and were bought straight from the National Kabuki theatre. :)



Another gorgeous find from Bangkal. This dresser is made of reclaimed wood. Lightweight yet sturdy. Got this for 3500php only. Originally, the dresser was painted with maple- colored varnish. I painted it white when I brought it home. If you click the picture and zoom it in, you'll see that the knob of the drawer is a gold- plated teddy bear. I took out the button knob and replaced it with this one. It gave the dresser a more vintage appeal. :)

Lastly, here's a Chicago- style rack above my dresser. I placed my small displays and some picture frames in here.

My room is still unfinished because I still need to put up a work place. Hopefully, by the end of the month, my room is done!

Hope you guys like my post (and my room :D)!

Post a Comment

14 Comments

  1. your room is so cute dear! i wish i was as organized as you are. x) mine's a disaster area. why if i put animals in my room i think it will pass for a jungle LOL! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. very neat! i love your chandelier and the color of your walls...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a very good job with the dresser! I like it sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI!!!! sayang you should've said hi!!!! :) see you again during events :) anyway, i like your vintage pieces! def wanna visit bangkal too :)

    xx
    heyrocketgirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your room! nicely decorated. good job, sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sugar sugar: if you have a small space, it's easier to become organized. When I had a bigger room in my former house, 'twas a jungle too! Thanks for visiting. :D

    janelle: thanks! good thing I changed the wall color. It was purple before. Too dark. :p

    joyskidooper: nice username! :D thank you. :D

    reg: i was thinking kasi if it was you. oh well. next time. there will be more events for us! :D you should visit bangkal! There is this vintage store that sells pop- inspired stuff. I seriously wanna go back for their wooden puppet. :) Thanks for visiting! :D

    diaryofalatebloomer: Interior design is nerve- wracking, especially if you don't have experience. Thanks to the home and interior design mags. They helped me out a lot. Hehe. thank you for visiting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. i super love your chandelier!! my room is under renovation right now and i've been looking for something thats inexpensive/vintage one, pero it seems its nowhere to be found...my budget is below 3k only.. ang hirap wala akong mahanap!! lucky girl!! :)
    love your room by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mera: thank you very much! If you have time, please drop by Bangkal, Makati. They have awesome vintage stuff there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dresser! So cute! <3 I also like the purple/violet shade you have on your walls. Very dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your room,Martha! I got inspired to redo mine since I also have small space. Long overdue project! :)

    I especially like the dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your Bangkal finds!! Will definitely go there soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. dee: specifically chose the lavender color 'cos of its calming and relaxing powers. :D

    dang: thank you! ay naku i suggest you visit bangkal. With 5k, you already have a dresser with chair plus a whole lot of small trinkets and displays. :D

    jill: thanks! :D I suggest you go there on a Saturday. Less traffic. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love the chandelier and the dresser! ah, where could i get something like those here in cebu? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a nice room. The chandelier is indeed beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)