Avon Magix Tinted Face Powder Review: MAGIC? PERFECTOR? TRUE ENOUGH!

Here's an initial review on Avon Magix Tinted Face Perfector in Deep

PRICE: 250php
PLACE BOUGHT: Affordableclothes at Multiply
OTHER LOCATIONS: Through pre- ordering ('cos I think this is not available locally)


THE VERDICT:

Been wanting to get this because some blogs claim that this is specifically formulated for people with oily skin.

Indeed it is! I'll muse about that as you go through this post.

Click on the pic to view the description

Deep is sort of an NC35 with balanced pink and yellow undertones. It's the darkest shade, but methinks that this will not suit my skin tone. But thanks to its Light Diffusing technology, you can't tell that I'm wearing the wrong shade of foundation.

I think this is like the poor man's version of Mally Poreless Face Defender. It promises to cover pores and keep your face shine- free all day--ON ITS OWN!

This is a face powder with a foundation feel. It has this silicone texture that you can equate to primers. The shade looks light in the pan, but on the swatch, it seems dark. And I think that's a good thing!

When I first applied it, it felt weird because it's like I'm putting wet face powder on my face. I actually felt the need to set this with the good ol' face powder, but the instructions say that it can be worn alone or on top of foundation. I gave it a try and went strolling in the mall without setting it with regular powder.

Here's Avon MTFP on my face. If you're looking for coverage, this ain't your best bet. It mattifies the face, and gives it a sheer tint that's sheerer than tinted moisturizer. It's for those days when you just want to look fresh or you're lazy to put make- up on.

It feels lightweight, glides on easily, and it's unscented. But drying takes time. I had to let this dry for around 3 minutes before I applied my blush. By the way, it works for any type of blush.

At the start of this post, I said that you can't tell that I'm wearing the wrong shade of foundation. True enough! Methinks that the Light Diffusing technology sorta' lets the shade adjust to the skin tone of the wearer.

It lived up to my expectations! It didn't streak, fade, nor cake during wear! And look ma, less oil on my face! I only had to blot my T- zone with oil blotting sheets during wear because my oilies were kept at bay. If I want to refresh the coverage, I pat this on again. I only had to retouch once during wear.

Another great buy from Avon! Unfortunately, this ain't available here. Gaaad. I hope they bring it here. It's a life saver for oily skinned people! I think this will also work for dry skinned people because of its moisturizing consistency.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Looks nice on you :) I believe Avon used to have this product, as I bought one before. I don't see it anymore in the brochure, but the darkest shade is Medium :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. crissy: thanks! :D Really? Dang. They should bring it back. And if they do, I hope they include Deep! Thanks for dropping by! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)