MY WEEKLY READS: 1000 FRAGRANCES


If you've been a very avid reader of my blog, you probably know by now that my favorite subject is History, and Perfume is another addiction of mine (next to cosmetics). And Octavian Coifan's blog 1000 FRAGRANCES is one of the many blogs that bridges my insatiable love for beauty, and endless search for knowledge.

Octavian Coifan is an architect-turned-perfumer-turned perfume historian. He has earned a Phd in Fragrance Artistry, was quoted and referred to by numerous magazines and books worldwide, and interviewed for a number of critical essays and articles on perfume and its history. Coifan has traveled far and wide for years to discover the obscure, rare, and glorified perfumes of the past and present. 1000 fragrances is already on its 3rd volume. For every volume, he would document a maximum of 1000 perfume reviews from the very old, old, contemporary, commercial, and tacky.

Caution though, for Coifan's blog might be a bit superfluous, scholarly, and boring to some. It is mainly due to his background as a perfume historian. To give you an idea of his perfume musings, he will educate you a little about the history of the design house first before he tells you his actual thoughts on the perfume being reviewed. But if you love perfumes with a passion, or if you wouldn't mind learning something new, look for him in my blog roll and read some of his articles.

As much as I want to try all of the rare perfumes he has reviewed, it would cost me an arm and limb to get to the cities where he discovered these perfumes, not to mention my other arm and limb to purchase them all. But thanks to his writing expertise and my wild imagination, I could somehow smell them through his detailed reviews.

If Octavian favors a perfume, I trust it. After all, he has a lot of titles under his belt, which makes him a pretty legit nose to trust when it comes to buying the right perfume.

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. I never knew there is a Doctorate in Fragrance Artistry until you wrote about it. haa! new info! thanks

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)