The Year of Tangerine Tango

The almighty and all- knowing color and swatch guide, Pantone, has declared that TANGERINE TANGO is this year's color trend.

Orange is back, and it's back with a vengeance! It's not limited to Grandma's closet and makeup kit any longer!

Whether you like it sizzling, vintage, cool, or warm, anything Orange will instantly 'update' your look. Personally, I like orange, especially the loudmouth kind. (Morange, here I come!)

Screen shot taken from pantone.com

There are actually a lot of orange- colored makeups out in the market. Sadly, they aren't as popular as say, Red or Pink because Orange, as a shade, is quite overlooked.

Rise from the ashes, Orange. It's your year!



I think this is now the best time for you to get Benefit's Cha Cha Tint. Time to put those rose and pink- tinted tints on a hiatus.

Photo credits: temptalia.com

I predict that MAC's Morange will be one elusive shade this year.


And for those who do not dare to wear Morange, Nars' Casablanca would be a good choice as well.

Photo credits: fashionesedaily.com

Juicy and ripe orange blush shades will definitely be seen everywhere. I recommend Nars' Gilda and Gina for beautiful orange cheeks.


And beauties on a budget can still be "in" too. Check out NYX's Cream Blush in Orange.

Photo Credits: temptalia.com

Orange peepers? Hmmm... I think a sheer wash of Orange on the lids will look good with a bright red lipstick or a peach- tinted gloss. Just don't don an all- orange look. You might be mistaken as a walking ad for an orange juice drink.




Photo Credits: polyvore.com

MAC's Orange. A cult favorite in runways. I've seen this mostly on models with fair skin. So gals with fair skin, you already have something for your wish list!


NYX's Hot Orange nail polish. It's so illegally bright!



Orly's Nail Polish in Atomic Orange. It's darker than NYX's Hot Orange, but it's an equally gorgeous shade too!

Photo credits: makeupandbeautyblog.com

Finally, for those who can blow a thousand bucks for a nail polish, try out Chanel's Orange Fizz. I think this shade is so close to Pantone's Tangerine Tango.


What are your thoughts about this year's color trend? Personally, I love it. Because morenas fare so well in Orange shades. Also, I'm digging the shade even before it was hailed as this year's "IT" color. How about you? Love it or leave it? Spill!

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. sis, the moment I read your title nasabi ko sa sarili ko na sayo bagay yung orange :) it's fresh and blooming pag orange blush gamit mo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. I think I have to muster enough guts to wear orange. :P

    MAC Morange looks so tempting though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! :) i need to purchase orange-y dresses and nail polishes.. *excited much*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Morange! <3 Had to sell mine because my cousins keep saying that I have "Cheetos lips"! Waley sila haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kath: thanks! :D

    Janine: I want MAC Morange! :D Beautiful, no? :)

    Theresa: true! :D

    Romsz: Oh no! why did you sell it? It's a beautiful color. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore MAC Morange! I'm not very fond of orange but orange as a lip color, now that's another thing.


    Tanya
    http://tardydresser.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. tanya: true! Since you're a morena like me, I'm pretty sure this will look fab on you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. got my orange-y nail polishes already from san san.. you should try it too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I rarely wear orange coz of the "prisoner look"...But I do wear it in pastels...Here we come summer!!saya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll go for this color nga din. mukang patok to this year eh. Refreshing din ang ganitong shade. Thumb-up Ms.Martha! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)