Review: Charm Essentials Classic Eyeshadow Vegan Brush

Here's a review on Charm Essentials Classic Eyeshadow Vegan Brush

PRICE: P250.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Please refer to Beauty and Minerals' Multiply Site


THE VERDICT:

So what's the skinny on Vegan brushes? They're made from veggies! LOL!

VEGAN is the new name to call SYNTHETIC brushes. These brushes are expertly crafted to mimic the quality of animal hair. They're as good as the brushes made out of animal hair, but more affordable. In fact, I think they're even better because animal hair can become coarse and stiff overtime.

Why should we make the shift to Vegan Brushes? Because if we all do, we get to save thousands of sables, goats, squirrels, and ponies from being tortured and murdered in brush manufacturing companies. Not only that, you get to save your skin too because bacteria can never thrive in synthetic bristles, while in animal hair, they can.



The Classic Eyeshadow Blending brush is essential to any makeup loving gal. The classic e/s brush comes in different sizes, but are usually shaped like this. They're great to use in applying eye bases, or creating precise arches on your lids.

The handle feels very sturdy, and it perfectly fits my fingers--it's not too thin nor thick. The polished surface of the handle is very grip- friendly too.


The brush is tightly- packed, which makes it great for dispersing eyeshadow evenly onto your lids. It's so soft and gentle, and I recommend it to people with sensitive skin.


However, I find it too big and thick to use as a blending brush, especially for daytime looks. For girls with deep set eyes or prominent creases, they could use this with ease. But for monolids or gals with semi- deep creases (like moi), you might have a hard time using this especially when you're faking deep set eyes. If you're pretty skilled in the art of eye makeup, you could make it work. I can actually, but I prefer using smaller and thinner eyeshadow brushes whenever I'm shading my outers Vs, creating fake creases, or blending eyeshadows.

But I find this fluffy brush very handy in looks that call for gradients such as night or avant- garde makeup.

I particularly use this in applying eyeshadow base on my lids because it deposits the right amount of color onto every part. It's a multitasking brush too. It can be used on under eyes, as a spot brush for dusting powder on hard-to-reach areas on the face, or for nose contouring.

I'm actually thinking of buying a new brush set, or a couple of individual face and eye brushes. Of course, Charm's Vegan set is on my list. The brushes are pretty affordable, cruelty- free, and proudly- Pinoy owned!

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. I purchased Charm 8 piece Holiday Brush set last December. It's my gift to myself. I so love the powder brush because it's super soft in the face. I enjoy using it each time. I used Elf powder brush before that and there's a big difference, yeah it's cheap but you really get what you pay for.

    Charm Kabuki brush will be my next purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aidisan: thanks for sharing! The kabuki brush by charm is love. :)

    jakie: true, but quality- wise, you're getting what you paid for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so cute :D ...at ang pinakagusto ko ay safe sya gamitin dahil di kinakapitan ng bacteria..no worries for my face.. domo :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes pa din. hahaha, kung ako rin lang ang gagamit, i might no be able to maximize it kasi di ako marunong.

    pag magaling na akong mag make up, i'll try one of these

    ReplyDelete
  5. hoping to try this one day because I have a sensitive skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope to try these Vegan brushes sometine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. issa: please visit charm at fb or beauty and minerals in multiply. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kailan kaya ako makakapurchase ng charm brushes?hehe I don't usually use brushes pag naga-eyeshadow po ako. Wala pa kong pambili, pero in case na magkabudget ako, what do you think is the best eyeshadow brush po? Specially sa chinky eyes at monolid? Thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)