Review: My Pocket Dentist from Avon


Brushing is not enough.


You've probably heard and read this line from hundreds of teeth care ads. But have you actually pondered on this fact? It is indeed a serious concern but unfortunately, not all people are taking it seriously. There are parts of your teeth that cannot be cleansed by any kind of toothbrush, and persistent food morsels that cannot be removed by mouthwash. Flosses and toothpicks are not invented for no reason. They're the only tools that can completely remove bacteria and food that are hiding in between your teeth. But of course, a twice-a-year visit to the dentist is important as well.

I bought this pocket dentist from Avon Wellness sometime around 2011 because I find it cool and earth- friendly. Price is around P200.00- 300.00+.Toothpicks come from trees and are made of plastic recently, and I can't bear the fact that I'm contributing to the deterioration of the environment. With my pocket dentist, I am lessening my environmental footprint! (and it helps me save money too)

What does this Swiss army knife for teeth have?



Scrapers to remove hardened plaque.

A folding tongue scraper.


A small brush to scrub off teeth stain, and perhaps for teeth resting on the innermost part of your mouth.


And a plastic toothpick.


Small but terrible, huh?


It's so compact and convenient to bring anywhere. I am definitely bringing this to my Boracay trip next week. :)

Addendum: Thank you, Anonymous for the correction. I knew it! Should have asked a dentist prior to writing this post. Truth be told, I actually didn't know what some of the tools are for, until a kind anonymous commenter told me. Lol! So thank you again! :)

Post a Comment

12 Comments

  1. it is really cool. how much is it?

    khyutee
    http://khyutee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang cool! perfect for people with braces! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. khyutee: around 200-300+ dear :)

    gellie: yup! thanks to that small brush. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear sa recent brochure nila ba ito? parang di ko po ito na-sight jhehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. ang galing. dapat pala ibili ko si tatay nito, kasi mahilig yon mag toothpick. Cute and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oral hygiene must really be a priority.
    how do you sanitize it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. rhain: unfortunately, I think it's not available anymore. :( hope they bring it back soon!

    jenny: yup! :D

    blogchef: i just wash it with water and mild soap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi! i bought this a few years ago ( cause im an avon dealer)... sadly,the screw that connects the toothpick/scaler from the green plastic thingy, easily rusts. So the scaler (the hook-shaped tool) fell off after a few weeks.

    it's really handy, mura pa. i waas just disappointed that the screw isnt stainless pala.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow..parang swiss knife lang sya..pero sa teeth lang..love it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. yup yup small but terrible ^_^ very handy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That curvy thing is a dental probe, that your dentist uses to check to see if your enamel is soft. It's not a toothpick.

    The other curvy thing is a dental scaler, which removes hardened plaque, and your enamel too if you don't know what you're doing.

    The square thing is actually a tongue scraper. There is no floss in this tool.

    The rest are an interdental brush and a plastic toothpick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. anonymous: wow! you must be a dentist then to know all of the things you have just said. :)

    I was even thinking of calling that square thing a tongue scraper, but it didn't look like one to me so I settled for toothpick haha.

    But thank you for the valuable info. Really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)