LOTD: Dressing up the plain white shirt


Wondering what my most favorite piece of clothing is? It's THE PLAIN WHITE SHIRT! Actually, all plain colored shirts in general. I have a lot of them because they're so comfy and can be accessorized easily, that's why I invest in them heavily.

So here's how I added 'oomph' to the good ol' plain white shirt:


Tee: Jockey
Blazer: Zara
Bottom: MEG
Bag: Louis Vuitton
Shoes: Nine West
Accessories: Forever 21



A well- tailored blazer is a good investment as well. This cherry red blazer from Zara was all I needed to turn this laid-back daytime outfit into a chic night time one.


Lookie! My favorite necklace from Forever21. This Hieroglyphs- inspired necklace added that colorful and playful twist to break the plainness of the ensemble.


Whew! I really had a hard time uploading this post because the photos were too huge! Dang, coffee shop internet, why u so lame? Good thing I remembered that I brought my Smart Rocket Plug It Chic with me! Thank goodness it has enabled me to share this OOTD of mine.

Thoughts: It's not as good as most artsy styles in fashion blogs, but I am proud of my style. It is 100% me. Going for what you really want is being true to yourself. If you are YOU, you feel confident and you let your real beauty shine. This is what we should all remember when it comes to Fashion. :) If it makes you feel like you, you get to #LiveMore!


Oh by the way, Smart Telecommunications has this new commercial. And it's featuring one of my favorite Vanessa Carlton songs, "A Thousand Miles". Isn't it sweet?

Post a Comment

16 Comments

  1. I remember when I was still studying in UP, uso ang plain Mango shirts. Well, whether authentic or hindi, that was the 'uniform' of ladies back then. Hehe. I love wearing one with shorts and then put on accessories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm..seems like white shirt is perfect for Red blazer. Probably I can wear that one of these days at work. In terms of shoes, I had one of those but can't wear them anymore since my Ortho dr told me not to after having a terrible ankle sprain leaving me non-ambulatory for 5 months. Im contented seeing other ladies wearing what I wanted to wear. They surely look good on you. AND not to mention your necklace bling bling (hihi), I think it looks more lika an abstract. But I like the combination of the colors....they compliment each other so well :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna sport that white shirt outfitey too one of these days. Thank you Martha! You've got one lovely blazer there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ms. Martha, me naman I'm using Myra Vitawhite. Yes, indeed their products are way affordable compared to others in the market. But I have one question Ms. Martha, what product should I use to lighten the pigments caused by pimples on my skin? thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ganda ng blazeeer! :D

    Incidentally, my family and relatives just had a clan pictorial yesterday and each family was assigned a color. Ours was white. I just wore a v-neck plain white shirt and maxi skirt then spiced it up with accessories. Buti nalang I read fashion blogs at madaming napulot with regards to styling :D

    Mica
    http://smizingmica.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want wearing my white shirt with shorts and boat shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dearies! Thanks for the kind words! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look like Divine lee Ms. martha :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am actually looking for a nice plain white shirt that's not manipis and murayray lang ..thank you for this post. Nice ba ang shirts from Jockey? How much sila? And oh, i love your blazer!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. white really is the easiest color to pair up with. pero thanks for the tips on how to dress up the white shirt. :) xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ica: true! thanks for dropping by as well :D

    anythinggoes: yes! very affordable! around 200+ lang :D

    rochelle: that's new! haha. thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. yahh! promise and I kid you not - :) the way you project., hair and eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ica: Jockey has 100% combed cotton plain white shirts! Ultra comfortable and high quality- check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)