Review: Avon SuperMagnify Mascara


Here's a review on Avon SuperMagnify Mascara in Black G21

PRICE: P420.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Got this from an Avon lady
OTHER LOCATIONS: Avon ladies; Avon stores in malls nationwide


THE VERDICT:

So this is my most favorite Avon product to date. I have always thought that Avon's mascaras aren't great, but this one has changed my mind! Looks like they have improved their products already! Let me tell you why I love it. Click Read More to find out!


The SuperMagnify Mascara has a rich and mousse- like consistency that clings well to your lashes. It comes in the shade Brown as well.

This is why I love this mascara. It has this slender wand with super fine bristles that literally combs through your lashes without missing a single strand! Avon says that it has the 5-to-1 technology, meaning there are 5 bristles per 1 strand. Amazing eh? It's so easy to use, anti- clump, and will definitely be useful to everyone, especially those who have fine and really short lashes. I also noticed that I spend less time on mascara application because the wand helps me coat my lashes faster.

My lashes, SuperMagnified!

However, the product takes time to dry. I also noticed that if I put more than three coats, it gives me that irritating sticky feel. My advice, don't apply more than three coats. :D


In spite of the aforementioned caveat, I will still buy it again because it works like an expensive mascara. It has superb lengthening properties, makes my lashes look fuller, and doesn't flake even if you're wearing it for a long time already. It's waterproof, but comes off easily with cleansing oil or makeup remover. It reminds me of Bobbi Brown's Lash Glamour Extreme Mascara, but at a fraction of its cost! If you're planning to purchase makeup from Avon, include this in your list! :D

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. Parang ang ganda nga nya. I've been using Avon's Super Shock mascara for the past few days, medyo ok din sya kaya lang mas ok sya kapag medyo nagddry up na sya. But for the price naman, you can't really complain. Lalo na pagnag sale sila. Got mine for like Php 199 lang :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,ang ganda! Di ko maisip kung saan pedeng i-dupe yan. But for sure, pag nagsale ang avon, that mascara is a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oopss, I over-looked. can be compared to Bobbi Brown's Lash Glamour pala :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this MASCARA =) i have this on my stash =) what i like about this mascara is the applicator/wand =)

    i got mine on sale too =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. avon has some "fail" products for me din, pero i got some stuff that i always buy from them (lipsticks, anyone?) maybe il try this mascara, hmm. :) thanks for the review! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friends like this mascara too. Maybe I should also check it out. :) Oh, and I find that applying three coats of ANY mascara makes lashes look like spider legs, so I never go beyond two coats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. anythinggoes: hello! i used to use supershock too but the wand is so hard to work with.

    aviva: a lot of my beauty blogger friends love this too! as with the spider legs thing, it still depends on the mascara's wand and formulation. :)

    ica: you're welcome! :D

    rhaindropz and kath: got this on a sale too. it was at 280+ lang :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I super love Avon mascaras... and I also tried the Supershock mascara.. And yeah, it can be a bit difficult to work with sometimes... =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am using Avon's too and my only problem is that my hand.. nanginginig na sya kpag apply na ako ng mascara or eyeliner.. heheh dalas ko tuloy maikalat sa mata ko. hehehe muka akong zombie after.. hehehe

    But anyway, AVON's girl parin ako. :)This is only what i can afford.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been using this mascara for 2 months now and i super like the lengthening effect!.It make my eyes looks more attractive..:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I know what mascara to buy next! Thanks for sharing! (at the perfect timing too!) :D

    Mica
    http://smizingmica.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. mica: glad it helped you! :D lemme know how it works for you. :)

    lechique: thanks for sharing! :D

    Rochelle: next time, try to keep your hand steady so you won't end up smudging the mascara on your lids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ms.Martha,

    Thanks for this post. I change Mascara brands from time to time kasi I always find some fault in them. Will try this once since you were able to try it na so I guess it's more than okay to use :0)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)