FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: How to wear Peach Makeup with a Pink Dress


Hello girls! Here's our Friday question courtesy of Maricar Salomon- Rillera:

Hi Miss Martha!

I hope you can help me choose the right powder, blush and lip color. For powder, I'm thinking of getting MAC Blot or Studio Fix. For the blush, I can't decide which shade to buy but my top picks are MAC Mocha and Peachtwist. And then for the Prolongwear lip creme, my picks are Till Tomorrow or Sweet Ever After.

I've consulted a friend and she told me that Peach shades are more suitable for me. The motif of the wedding is Pink, and I don't want to look all pinkish with the makeup since the dress that i'll be wearing is already Pink. I'd like to ask your expert opinion, and I hope you can help me find what shade to buy. I like Peach or Brown shades that are still noticeable, but not very bold and striking when applied. Thank you!

Maricar Salomon- Rillera


Hi Maricar!

Thanks for your query. It's good that you already have a choice of brand, and that will make your search much easier. However, I think the shades Till Tomorrow and Sweet Ever After are too plain for a wedding. It's a wedding, so wear something light, fresh, and happy. :) Let's leave Brown because I think it's too muted for such a happy occasion. Let's work with Peach, and let's explore Coral as well. I'm also throwing in some advice on how to wear pink dresses and peach makeups, so click READ MORE. :)

The basic rule in color matching is LIGHT IS TO DARK, DARK IS TO LIGHT-- First color should be in the lighter shades, and the other on the darker shades and vice versa. This way, your color combination won't appear too shocking.

Peach and Pink are quite tricky colors but if you find the exact complementing shades from them, they make a very pretty combo. This color combo looks so good on morena skintone as well!


Photo Credits: gown- comparestoreprices.co.uk makeup- fashionbombdaily.com

LIGHT TO MIDTONE PINK DRESSES-BRIGHT CORAL/PEACH MAKEUP

- If your gown is in the colors pale pink, baby pink, candy pink, and rose pink, opt for a brighter peach/coral look. You can afford to wear bright peach/corals for your lips, and accompany it with a midtone- bright peach/coral blush and slightly peach- tinted eyes. Shimmer eyeshadows will look good on these kinds of colors, but make sure they're not overly glittery or else, you'll look like a disco ball. If your dress' color is light, then it's a great chance to make your face standout by amping up the colors for just a bit.


Photo Credits: gown-comparestoreprices.co.uk makeup-littlemissmakeup.com

FOR MIDTONE TO DARK PINK GOWNS-LIGHT PEACH/CORAL MAKEUP

- For gowns in rose pink, dark pink, hot pink, neon pink, or fuchsia, opt for a fresher- looking face by wearing lipsticks in muted or light peach/coral colors, and add a pop of peach/orange eyeshadow onto your peepers. Careful not to go overboard with the eyeshadow because too much peach/orange can make your eyes look sort of reddish or swollen. For your blush, choose a midtone peach/coral shade.

Here are some of my recommendations, just in case you're open to exploring other brands:


Benefit Coralista



Photo Credits: beautezine.com

Bobbi Brown blush in Coral


Nars Orgasm


Photo Credits: polyvore.com

Bobbi Brown blush in Nectar


Chanel Joues Contraste in Reflex 82


Photo Credits: beautezine.com

MAC Blush in Melba


Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited in CR 341

Note: Shu Uemura has nice coral lipsticks! Check them out!


MAC Crosswires


Photo Credits: polyvore.com

Bobbi Brown Lipstick in Guava


NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Antwerp

There you go! Hope this helped everyone out!


**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to martha.stabarbara@yahoo.com or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. really want to get my hands on that nars orgasm!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coral as a make-up colour. It's sophisticated but with a punch.
    Thanks so much for the tips on how to wear it with pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it wrong that I like wearing pink makeup with pink dresses?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)