Review: Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush in 10


Here's a review on Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush in 10

PRICE: Around 270-300HKD (Around P1,500.00+)
PLACE BOUGHT: Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong
OTHER LOCATIONS: Giorgio Armani Online; Locally, you can get them through personal shopping websites


THE VERDICT:

Surprisingly, I didn't hoard when I was at the Giorgio Armani Cosmetics counter in HK. I've just gotten pretty good at practicing self- control nowadays, and I realized that I still have a ton of cosmetics waiting for me at home. Besides, Giorgio Armani is so Mahalia Jackson. (Translation: Expeeeensssiiiveee!)

So I just got myself this pretty blush as the ultimate souvenir from my visit. I opted for this shade because it's the prettiest color from the bunch, and there weren't a lot of shades available anyway.


Ingredients

Click READ MORE and find out why it's lurrrvveee.


Giorgio Armani is an extremely luxe makeup line that pays special attention to a luminous and transparent finish, that's why their makeups are sheer and oh so natural- looking. Their products are so foolproof, that you won't go wrong even if it's just your first time to put makeup on.


The packaging is lightweight, sturdy, and has a huge mirror embedded on it. I like it because I really appreciate no- nonsense (and black) packaging.


10 is a dusty pink shade with micro silver and gold glimmers. It is well- pressed on the pan, so there's minimal to no fall out during application. The texture of the powder is very creamy, and it doesn't emphasize patches and other facial marks. It's very good for people with dry skin on their cheek areas. It is fragrance- free as well.


Here it is on me. In theory, when you read SHEER, you'd actually think that a product has light pigmentation; but for some blushes like this one, the word SHEER is referring to the finish. I find that this blush is very pigmented, but it still looks natural even if I pile it on. In this pic, I have applied the blush thrice on my cheeks, but it doesn't seem as if I did. I use my trusty Suesh Blush brush when applying this one.


Lighting is a bit harsh in this pic, and it sort of washed out the color. In actual, 10 is a dusty pink color on me. The glimmers are not so noticeable on skin. It just gives my apples a nice highlight.

The blush gives me this "lit from within" glow, and a touch of color that literally imitates my natural flush. I don't get these effects in most blush brands, that why I love this one so much. (except Chanel's Joues Contraste, which is another beloved of mine) This blush blends into and sits on top of my skin at the same time. How could that happen? When blended evenly, the blush becomes one with my skintone. But at the same time, I find that it doesn't emphasize facial discolorations such as redness, and it conceals minor facial marks by putting a sheer veil of color on top of it. It's a bit hard to grasp and picture, but when you try it on yourself, you'll understand what I mean. :D For a clearer picture of what I was saying, check out the pic on top of this paragraph. I have a protruding zit on my left cheek, but it's magically gone in the pic. Amazing! Staying power is superb-It doesn't streak, and lasts all day.

I just wish that Armani would release more shades. (as of the moment, they have 6) If they do, I'll definitely repurchase!

If you have the means, or if you don't mind treating yourself to a luxurious makeup product, I would recommend Giorgio Armani cosmetics to you.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. Oh, so that's what "sheer" means. I thought "sheer" meant not pigmented. Haha. That's such a pretty and rather unusual color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang ganda ng finish, natural na natural. ang ganda din ng pagkaging, parang ang sarap i display na lang. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i love how it looks very natural on you! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)