Review: BYS Longwear Lipstick in Flirty Fucshia


Here's a review on BYS Longwear Lipstick in Flirty Fuchsia

Price: P399.00
Bought From: Free
Other Locations: Available in SM Department Stores

THE VERDICT:

I'm on a Fuchsia phase lately. I don't know--maybe because it's summer? Or it's just my second most favorite lip shade, next to Red? Ah, whatever it is, you and I can't deny that Fuchsia is such a pretty shade. If you find Red too strong and mature for you, Fuchsia is a good choice because it has a fun and flirty vibe!

My latest Fuchsia lipstick is from BYS, and it's from the Longwear Lipstick line.

BYS LONGWEAR LIPSTICK IN FLIRTY FUCHSIA IN DETAIL

My only issue with its packaging is its non- sturdy base: The lipstick falls off! :(
Ingredients

Click READ MORE if you're looking for an affordable and good neon Fuchsia lipstick!


Flirty Fuchsia is indeed, flirty. It's neon fuchsia shade with slight blue glimmer (like Nars' Funny Face, but this one is lighter and cooler) and a satin to semi- matte finish. I could even call this bombshell Fuchsia, loudmouth Fuchsia, screaming Fuchsia, or any term that you may want to call a Fuchsia shade that has done away with humility. Pigmentation is good: One swipe and I get a decent color payoff. Under artificial lighting, the shade fares a little darker (just a teeny weeny bit!) but under natural lighting, it just glows. The actual color pay- off of this lipstick is not really true to the one represented in the tube so it's best to go to a BYS counter and swatch it to know if it's the right kind of Fuchsia for you.

BYS LONGWEAR LIPSTICK IN FLIRTY FUCHSIA IN ACTION

Here's a lip swatch done under natural lighting. When the product is new, it feels a little dragging on the lips so what I do is I warm it up on the back of my hand before using it. It feels emollient yet a little thick, but I find that its texture contributes to its very good staying power. It has a tendency to emphasize lines, but it does not feel drying--not at all! It has a light, fruity scent.

Photo credits: flickriver.com

I find that its shade is somewhat close to MAC's Hollywood Nights lipstick from the limited edition Heatherette Collection, but Flirty Fuchsia has a more fluorescent finish. I had owned Hollywood Nights before, and I kinda' regretted selling it so I'm happy to know that Flirty Fuchsia is a semi- dupe!

Staying power is incredible: It pulls through a couple of meals and drinks with slight fading. However, removal takes a little effort, but I don't mind since I admire its staying power, considering it's very, very affordable!

It's a very young shade that's perfect for summer, and it flatters almost any skin tone. If you're looking for an affordable neon Fuchsia lipstick that's not only fun, but makes your skin look luminous to boot, get this, although it may be a little too bright for office wear. 

I'm impressed with this line, and I will definitely check out the other colors!

BYS LONGWEAR LIPSTICK IN FLIRTY FUCHSIA RATING


Please visit BYS PHILIPPINES for more information about this product.

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Its so pigmented and i love the color. I would love to try though, but I am still not confident enough to sport that kind of color. :) Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. kung same ito ng NYX spellbound i would buy this! oops.. makeup ban nga pala hihi

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks good in you so I think it ok with the morena skin, but I never tried that kind of lip color, maybe in summer..hihi

    plus I love the staying power.check to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you're on a fuchsia phase, e bagay na bagay naman sayo Miss Martha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. miss m, anong shade nga un dupe ng ruby woo from their line?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kandis: Thanks for sharing! :D

    Issa: Haha. Welcome dear! :D

    Ohms: Yup, you should check it out. :)

    Rhain: Hi there! :D I think it's almost the same as Spellbound, and has a lil' bit of Doll Pink. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)