Estēe Lauder Double Wear Concealer in 3W Review


Here's a review on Estēe Lauder Double Wear Concealer in 3W.

Price: P1,600.00
Bought From: Free
Other Locations: Rustan's Makati; Rustan's Shangri-La Mall; Essences Powerplant Mall, Makati

THE VERDICT:

I think I may have found the thickest concealer ever and I LURVE IT! I lovelovelove anything with fantastic coverage and this is what makes Estēe Lauder's new Double Wear Concealer a winner in my books! I've only had this for two months and I've hit pan on it already. Yes! I use it everyday!

ESTĒE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR CONCEALER IN 3W IN DETAIL

The Double Wear foundation range is meant to give skin optimum, lasting, camera- ready coverage, and these are the things this concealer promises too. It promises to conceal fine lines with its spherical optic pigments, tattoos, redness, sallowness, veins, and discolorations. It also has SPF 35, Jojoba Oil, and Vitamin C. I don't know 'bout you, but this sounds like the perfect concealer for me!

It comes in two shades only: 1W (Light) and 3W (Medium).

Click READ MORE for my current HG facial concealer!



Product comes in a mini compact (like a mini powder foundation) and has an embedded mirror. It's so handy, light, and packaging feels very luxe and sturdy: the cover seals snuggly and securely and it doesn't open up by accident no matter what!

3W is surprisingly a little dark. It's heavily yellow- toned, but has a hint of peach in it which makes it perfect for concealing dark spots and circles. It is unscented and product is a little hard at first so you'd have to warm it up, although I find that consistency changes depending on the temperature it's in. Regardless of the temperature, it doesn't lose its concealing ability and this is what I super love about it! 

Here are some ways for you to take advantage of its changing consistency:

1. Store it in room temperature and product becomes a little moist, which is perfect for under eye concealing. It could be a little dragging on the under eyes if used in its dry, hard state, so allow the product to soften up to avoid getting premature wrinkles!

2. Store it in a cooler place and product becomes hard (yet still emollient provided that you warm it up), which is perfect for lightning- fast concealing of facial discolorations.

Coverage is medium to full and the pigments are so compact, the product just spreads out evenly onto your skin effortlessly. Finish is matte and it settles onto the skin quickly and very well at that because it doesn't budge even if you apply any liquid base on top of it!

ESTĒE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR CONCEALER IN 3W IN DETAIL

Bare skin with those darned post-acne marks. These are my darkest post-acne marks to date.

Two layers of Estēe Lauder Double Wear Concealer

Aaaand my heavy post-acne marks are gone-just.like.that. It surprisingly covers bumps as well from the tiny ones to the big ones such as fresh, cystic pimples. It can cover any sort of discoloration you can think of, so no need for correctors! Can't say how it will fare on tattoos though because I don't have one! My brother has tattoos, but he won't allow me to feature him haha!

Now here's how it fares on my under eyes

Bare Under Eye

One layer of Estēe Lauder Double Wear Concealer

Due to its heavy coverage and consistency, it significantly eradicates the appearance of dark circles. Some people may not like this though as they might think it will look too fake, but the talent of this concealer is, it covers up well, but still looks pretty natural. On morena on dark- skinned gals, this will work as a corrector-slash-concealer, but may only work as a corrector on fair and medium- skinned girls because shade is a golden kind of beige.

Estēe Lauder claims that this product has 12-hour staying power. It didn't really stay put for that long on me, but what I know is it's pretty long-wearing, resists a tough Strength and Conditioning workout at Elorde, and leaves me with medium coverage at the end of the day.

The last facial concealer I loved is ArtDeco's Camouflage Cream. That's also a great product and it's super affordable too. Compared with this, ArtDeco has limited concealing powers on big bumps and zits and isn't that ideal for under eye usage. I'm loving this more now because despite the price, it's one of the few, rare concealers that have SPF (Because your under eyes are prone to UV rays too!), covers really, really well, stays on really, really well, and no shiz, it REALLY covers all discolorations I have on my face! I'm willing to repurchase!

ESTĒE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR CONCEALER IN 3W IN DETAIL


Please visit ESTĒE LAUDER PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about this product.

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. I'm using the Double Wear Liquid Foundation and i love it! What brush do you use for this concealer for your acne marks? How bout for under-eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look like a great product. It has covered all marks completely, amazing! I like that it even has an embedded mirror and the fact that it has SPF. I will surely be checking this out. Thanks for the recommendation Ms. M! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!i love this. I have so many pores and dark circle. it's like all in one for me. Foundation and concealer. I will really check on this. Thanks ms. M. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank god, been searching for a good concealer, aside from the mac pro long wear concealer... thanks for the review♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you will like Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, I think. It's the most full-coverage concealer I have ever tried.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah! I was shocked to see that 5/5 on the staying power criteria. Does it look good on flash photography? I mean natural look on photos.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous: Hi there! I wanna try that foundation too! For this concealer, i just use my fingers, both for the under eyes and skin. :)

    Majorie: Yes it does! That's the nice thing about the Double Wear range. Finish is perfect for photography! :)

    Rae: Wow! Interesting. I actually had a KA foundation before and I loved it. Sad that it's not available in Sephora anymore.

    Febmin: welcome!

    Roxanne: Good point! It can actually double as a foundation too, if you're just patient enough to blend it across your face. :)

    Kat: Welcome! :)


    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)