ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser Review + Specs + Price


Just recently, I reviewed ASUS Zenfone 2, which to me, is the smartphone that made me like Android and believe that great phones need not be so expensive too.

Zenfone 2 was released sometime in May 2015 and months after, ASUS released three additions to the Zenfone line- up namely Zenfone Selfie, Zenfone Deluxe, and Zenfone 2 Laser; I will review the latter today. If Zenfone 2 is great for gaming and viewing, Zenfone 2 Laser is also that, plus for taking good photos INSTANTLY as well!

Zenfone 2 Laser is the follow- up to Zenfone 2; it solves the issue of the latter's slow focusing capability and it has a more improved body featuring Corning Gorilla Glass LCD.

Here are the inclusions of Zenfone 2 Laser. I got the Gold cover. It's a pale Gold shade that doesn't look too vintage that you won't carry it anymore; design is brushed metallic. I love that the earphones are in the earbud design; I like this earphone design because it cancels out outside noise and lets me enjoy what I'm listening to thoroughly. The earphones of Asus Zenfone 2 Laser has great sound quality, ha! As for the voice quality of calls, it's clear and good!

Full specs below:


Now let's get to the nitty gritty:

USER INTERFACE

The body has an intuitive design and it's practically similar to Zenfone 2. Interface is responsive and easy to navigate in as the apps are conveniently categorized into groups such as Photography, Social, Productivity, Tools, etc.

BATTERY AND INTERNET CONNECTIVITY

How's the battery life? It can last for up to 2 days on standby, a full day on pure Internet browsing, and 5 hours on straight gaming or Youtube viewing. It's pretty tough battery, if you're gonna ask me. Internet connectivity is quick.

However, similar to my concern with ASUS Zenfone 2, it is preloaded with ASUS- exclusive apps and this tends to slow down the system; it gets even slower if you fail to update. Maybe ASUS can get rid of some apps in the next Zenfones or install the popular ones and the rest, convert into downloadables.

CAMERA

This model now boasts of its laser sharp focusing capability at 0.3 secs both for the front and back cameras; Not only it is fast, it is smart also because even if you have a shaky hand or the phone is wiggling, the camera will focus and lock on the fine details on a field or subject.

Here are some photos that I took using the phone's various camera effects:

BACK CAMERA

- I took this shot using Auto mode. Photo quality is okay, but at least the colors are true. No huge improvement on the front and back camera's photo quality though.

I took this shot using Auto mode with flash. It boasts of Dual Tone flash, a combination of white and amber light, that helps retain the true colors of a subject/field.

LOW LIGHT

- I must say, low light is genius! It automatically lights up a photo sans the need for flash; it's ideal for non-lovers of Flash like me. With this mode, however, you have to keep a steady hand until the photo clicks; it lights up the photo, but won't necessarily minimize blur.

FRONT CAMERA
Left- Auto; Right- Beautification

- Front camera is pretty good at 8MP. Beautification will always be my favorite camera mode in the Zenfone series!

DEPTH OF FIELD

- Take well- focused, artsy photos in a snap with this effect!

Effects (Lomo)

- Fan of filters? This phone has about 6 to offer under the Effects mode.

GAMING AND RESOLUTION

A crisp resolution is important not only for photography, but for gaming and viewing as well; I find that this smartphone is good on this department. I go binge watching on Youtube on this one!

Hey! I also discovered that this model has Kids Mode! Kids Mode secures your files, contacts, and messages from being accidentally erased or messed up by your kids.

Kids Mode also gives you peace of mind because it lets you limit the apps that your children can access. No need to keep an eye on them and the phone all the time with this ultra useful feature! With this feature, I dub this smartphone Mommy- friendly!

Zenfone Laser 2 is supposed to improve on the slow focusing capability of Zenfone 2 and I find that it delivered, but I wish photo quality was improved as well; for it's price though, it's okay.

If you're photo, gaming, and viewing savvy and want a smartphone that will satisfy these interests of yours without spending too much (don't we all?), Zenfone Laser 2 is a suggested option-it's P7-8k only!

Visit ASUS PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about this product.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. The feautures are like that of Samsung galaxy s5 but at the price is affordable. :) The beautification mode is definitely the best. :) The kids mode is so cute. I love the color that you got. So elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang ganda ng camera! nice phone and price. Good job Asus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asus creates excellent series of phones lately. Zenfone 2 Laser comes out with a superb feature! However, I fell in-love with Asus Selfie because of a better resolution, RAM, internal storage, front camera too.

    It's just sad it doesn't have NFC and WiFi direct like Laser. Anyway, it's an advantage for me to use Asus phones because it comes with a laser focus! I definitely need it for my low-light room (my favorite feature for the camera setting).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am selfless "tta" to my little niece and nephews, I allow them to borrow my phone though they accidentally delete some of my research file :( so perhaps the Kids mode will keep them away from my files! ASUS really keep their consumers at priority!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)