Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Blushing Bride Review: Worth the hype?

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Blushing Bride.

PRICE: 38AUD (Around P1,480.00+)
FROM: Sephora, Melbourne Central Station, Melbourne, Australia
OTHER LOCATIONS: Sephora.com

THE VERDICT:

I've heard lots of glowing reviews on this blush by Tarte called Amazonian Clay 12-Hour blush; no, make that the whole line; there are lots of praise in the Internet for Tarte's Amazonian Clay line; I've tried Amazonian Clay Full Coverage 12-Hr. Foundation and so far, I'm liking the oil control and it's one of the foundations that don't oxidize that I know.

When I daw Tarte in Sephora Melbourne, the first thing that in my mind was this blush. Finally, I will find out what the hype is all about. Did it deliver? Find out.


Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush, a cult favorite of Tarte, boasts of Amazonian Clay ingredients that help nourish, hydrate, and keep oil in control. It promises to wear up to 12 hours.

Ingredients

Love the slim compact and the elaborate design on the powder. The color of the compact also mimics the shade of the blush in the pan.

The first blush that caught my eye is Blushing Bride for sentimental reasons (reminds me of my wedding!) plus it's a pretty plum-rose shade; very perfect for morenas.

Upon swatching, it felt a bit too dry perhaps due to the Amazonian Clay ingredient; it's pretty dry that it took me around three swipes to get it to show up on the back of my hand. Blushing Bride has a soft matte finish and no, it doesn't have any sheen to it; that's just the powder reflecting light because it's nearly sheer on the swatch.

I wasn't expecting it to be pigmented based on the swatch experience, but it delivered on the cheeks; I guess it needed some scraping from the brush bristles to get some pigment. The blush is actually very pigmented, although you need to thoroughly blend it to get that naturally- flushed look just because it has a dry, hard to spread texture.

Blushing Bride is a warm rose with a hint of plum. Great for a sophisticated look. However, the swatches on the website belie the actual shade of the blushes: the swatches look dark online, but they're significantly lighter in person, at least for my morena skin tone. Best if you swatch the blushes in person.

Regarding staying power, hands down, it's really good and a lot of the credit must go to the clay- like texture. The powder just sticks on the skin and stays put for more than 6 hours without retouching. 

I like this blush because it's very long- wearing, making it great for combination and very oily skin types; however, I can't get past the dryness of the powder so for now, I think I'm good with just one! Is it worth the hype? With the staying power, yes, but overall, it's not mind- blowing, but it's a decent blush.

TARTE AMAZONIAN CLAY 12-HOUR BLUSH IN BLUSHING BRIDE RATING

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. Ooooh! I honestly love your brows from this look! It's so light and beautifully natural looking. This is my fave brow look on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little bit pricey but I think its all worth pag nagamit na ang products thanks sa review Ms.Martha ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hindi ko mawari kung paano maglagay ng blush on at saang part. nagta-try ako ng liptint pero parang waley or hindi lang talaga ako marunong kasi natatakot ako baka mukha akong sinuntok or what kaya konti lang nilalagay ko na parang walang kwenta lang din. T_T

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)