Dear Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream and Supple Preparation Toner Review

Dear Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream and Supple Preparation Toner review.

PRICE: Cream- Around P1,200; Toner- P1,000+ for 180ml
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at Beauty Bar stores

THE VERDICT:

Dear, Klairs is one of those brands that caught everyone by surprise; one second, they're just floating on Instagram as one of those new K-Beauty brands and all of a sudden, they've exploded into this up-and-coming brand that's off to beauty domination. A lot of this success can be owed to two of their highly- raved products, Midnight Blue Calming Cream and Supple Preparation Toner, which I will review for you guys today.

Midnight Blue Calming Cream is one of the products of the popular Midnight Blue line by Dear, Klairs. It's a cream that actually confused me in the beginning because I couldn't decide if it is an ointment or a moisturizer; I decide to use it first as the latter.

The ingredients contain a lot of humectant ingredients and a lot of flower and seed extracts to boot; I saw Shea Butter in the ingredients, which made me a bit hesitant to try it in the beginning because I break out with Shea Butter, but to my surprise, I did not break out with this product considering that it is way above the ingredient list; the only explanation I can think of right now is sorcery.

Midnight Blue Calming Cream claims to calm irritation, sensitivity, and redness after sun exposure and according to some reviews, even flare- ups due to eczema and our best friend, the fresh pimple. Azulene, an extract from Chamomile, is the active ingredient that does all the calming in this moisturizer.

The cream has a mesmerizing periwinkle blue color, but it does not turn my skin to blue thank goodness. It has a rich, emollient texture, thanks to the rich concentration of seed butter and oil extracts that give it a super moisturizing feel; a small amount is enough to cover my entire face; plus points for the spatula included. It is unscented too.

Supple Preparation Toner ingredients

I just got a sample size of this product. Supple Preparation Toner is an essence- like toner that promises to balance the pH level because it has a pH level of 5. It has Amino Acids that help reduce irritation and promote deep hydration.

The toner has a lavender- like fragrance and it feels very moisturizing; I would also see a bit of dirt stains on my cotton pad after usage, which is a sign that this functions as a toner even if it feels more like an essence.

The thing with this toner, it tends to evaporate quickly if used with a cotton pad so the ideal way to maximize it is to apply using your palms; but it's marketed as a toner though so it must be used on a cotton pad! To deal with this dilemma, I suggest just use it depending on how you like it: some use their palms to apply it while I like using a cotton pad with it.

I've been using both products for a month.

First, let's talk about the cream. I decided to use the cream as an overall moisturizer; it's just a slightly basic moisturizer with added calming properties that can be used by all skin types; it does not promise to tighten, lift, rejuvenate, lighten, improve hydration, whatsoever like other moisturizers would other than to calm irritated skin; I first tried this product on a fresh pimple and a freshly- popped pimple; it immediately soothed my skin and took away the throbbing, stinging sensation. No breakout with this product as well. I did not recognize any significant difference with my skin while using it as a moisturizer so I guess this one, to me, is best used as an ointment for when you're having a zit, flare- up, or tender skin due to sun exposure. 

I also read that Midnight Blue Calming Cream works well on eczema; I can't vouch for this though; best to consult with your dermatologist first before using this product to remedy any skin condition.

Next, the toner. To me, this is more of an essence because of its consistency; besides, it helps keep my face really nice and supple, and prepares my skin to absorb my succeeding skin care products. As for the pH level balancing effect, I read that it takes 90 minutes before the skin goes back to its normal pH even if we try to revert it with products so I don't exactly know how this product will do that, but it has an ideal pH and it's great to use to keep your skin's pH level intact.

Based on these products, I feel that Dear, Klairs is more of a maintenance skin care line for those with pretty okay skin because the products are kinda' basic. But is being basic a bad thing? Not really because there are people who don't have too much skin problems to begin with and only need maintenance skin care.

In sum, Dear, Klairs for me is just okay; I can see myself incorporating their products in my existing skin care routine as a complement or even as a break, but I still need all my pore-tightening, acne- fighting, skin- smoothing stuff. Between the two, I like Midnight Blue Calming Cream because it soothes my face when I'm having a bad breakout.

Have you tried Dear, Klairs already? What are your favorites?

DEAR, KLAIRS MIDNIGHT BLUE CALMING CREAM AND SUPPLE PREPARATION TONER RATING

Please visit BEAUTY BAR PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about these products.

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Lol sa good thing it did not turn your face to blue. I constantly hear good reviews sa Dear Klairs supple preparation toner that I was meaning to get one for myself. Buti na lang I read your review. I'm looking for a toner kasi and looks like this will not suit me.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)