Riot Polyblender Makeup Sponge: Real Techniques Sponge Affordable Dupe!

Riot Polyblender Makeup Sponge review.

PRICE: Sponge- P280; Sponge + Cleanser set- P450
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at @ riotbrushes on Instagram

THE VERDICT:

Real Techniques Sponge is indeed worth the hype; it's affordable and performs just as good as Beauty Blender; no wonder it has earned the second slot for best makeup sponge, next to the legendary Beauty Blender. I've had it before, but not anymore; unfortunately, it is not that sturdy; I was only able to use it for a good three months before it began to crumble; the first time I washed it, it looked as if it was about to crack as I was rinsing the flat portion of the sponge; true to what most reviews claimed, indeed it isn't a very sturdy sponge.

I've found a good and affordable alternative through Riot Polyblender sponge; this Filipino brand of makeup tools indeed has a very promising sponge that's just as good as RT, but much more affordable!

Riot started with a set of makeup brushes and their next product is the Polyblender. It's a latex- free sponge that comes in four colors: Purple, Plush (new color), Pink, and Black. It comes with its own box that you can keep to maintain the sponge's shape.

From the shape to the softness to the texture, and to the bounce, it does feel like Real Techniques' sponge! It has no rubbery odor. I noticed that one of the sponges have a mini dent on one edge of the flat surface; it's probably due to production; it isn't that bothersome and I was able to use the sponges without any issue with the finish of my foundation, but the OC in me wishes that the dent would be addressed in the new batches! :)

The right side is the washed Polyblender. It gets slightly bigger than its size when its dry, which makes it easier to hold; I love how soft this is: it cover a lot of area in one go and I can squeeze it easily to blend products on the corners of my face. When it comes to the quality of the material of the sponge, it looked sturdy; it didn't show any cracks the first time I rinsed it compared to Real Techniques; seems like this is better! However, it tends to absorb a lot of water so be sure to squeeze it for a couple of times while wrapped in a towel to get rid of the excess water.

Polyblender comes in a set too: For P450, you get a Polyblender + Riot Control Blender Cleanser/brush shampoo, and a free Riot Girl pouch for safekeeping. Sweet deal! I would just like to commend the blender cleanser: it removes about 80% of foundation stain, whether old or new, from the Polyblender and any makeup sponge with ease; it also has Tea Tree extract for an antibacterial effect and a light fruity so your brushes and sponges will smell fresh and new.

Overall, this is a good discovery and a good buy! I've been using the black Polyblender for a bout 3 days straight now and so far, no crumbling! If you like Real Techniques makeup sponge, this is a good and affordable alternative!

RIOT POLYBLENDER MAKEUP SPONGE RATING

Please visit RIOT BRUSHES on Facebook for more details and to order.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. Hooray for Philippine brands that perform. I will definitely, definitely buy this one and the cleanser since I'm on the lookout for one, too. Knowing that it is affordable is a big plus, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this concept ms. martha �� more dupe blogs po please �� yehey. we can get some ideas to buy alternative products ehich is very much affordable products at the same time malapit sa quality nito ������

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will buy this because my rt sponge is dying lol! And of course support na rin for Pinoy brands, #supportlocal

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)