Gerard Cosmetics Hydramatte Liquid Lipstick in 1995: Worth the hype!

Gerard Cosmetics Hydramatte Liquid Lipstick in 1995 review.

PRICE: Around P1,200
FROM: Freyja, Glorietta 2, Makati City
OTHER LOCATIONS: freyja.com


THE VERDICT:

Gerard Cosmetics is one of those brands that just exploded online and I think a lot of this success can be owed to their highly- raved Hydramatte Liquid Lipstick range (along with Slay All Day makeup setting spray). A quick look at their Instagram account and namesake hashtag would reveal a majority of photos highlighting the lipstick.

I had the pleasure of meeting Jen Gerard, the founder, at the launch of Freyja last week. Jen's such a sweet lady and she couldn't stop talking about her lipsticks that I got sold on the spot! She shared her favorites including 1995, which got my attention.

After a week of trying it, I'm here to tell you guys that it's one of the best liquid lipstick formulas everrr.

Ingredients

Gerard Cosmetics said that Hydramatte Liquid Lipstick with a long- wearing and comfortable formula. 1995 is one of the super popular shades.


Packaging is just very simple: black and gold colors, frosted acrylic bottle, and golden cap with the brand name printed on it. The wand applicator is your typical doe foot applicator, medium size, which is good for a lot of lip shapes.


1995 is described as a brown inspired by the neutrals of the 90s; it's a very pretty shade: medium brown with a rosy undertone. I wouldn't categorically say that it's a 90s brown lipstick because the rosy undertone makes it look modern; the 90s brown is a flat brown period. Still a pretty shade though and it suits my skin tone well; that's just me thinking out loud!

Texture is a light cream with very good pigmentation; it has a mild butter popcorn scent (sometimes, milk chocolate) that's so delectable! Consistency is nice and smooth, and is such a breeze to even out on the lips.

Staying power is very good; it lasts the whole day and doesn't fade easily with a meal. What I love the most about the formula is it's ABSOBLOODYLUTELY NON-DRYING; my lips have this love-hate relationship with liquid lipsticks and it's all love with this one, plus the lipstick can look decent for hours-no flaking and creasing! It doesn't feel heavy nor rough on the lips too!

Now I know what the rave is all about! Hydramatte Liquid Lipstick has an exceptional formula; I rarely find a liquid lipstick that my severely dry lips can tolerate and this is one of them so Gerard Cosmetics, expect me hoarding more soon! Highly recommended!

P.S. Gerard Cosmetics is cruelty- free!

GERARD COSMETICS HYDRAMATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK IN 1995 RATING

Please visit BEAUTY BY FREYJA on Facebook for more details about this product.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. This looks amazing! Kinda reminds me of Ofra too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lippies looks matte-matte on your lips! No shine at all. It is kinda pricey though, but if it's addressing a main concern, I might grab one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im I reading this right? Sounds like heaven for those who have dessert l8ke lips l8ke mine.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)