Colourette Velvetint review.

PRICE: P299
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in Colourette stalls; Colourette authorized resellers; Beauty MNL, Lazada, and Colourette official website

THE VERDICT:

Colourette just turned three; amazing feat for a new player in this saturated world of beauty. You gotta give it to those guys!

To celebrate their third year, Colourette released their brand new product in a fitting range to celebrate their third year. Enter the new Velvetints, soft, pigmented color for the eyes, cheeks, and lips; oh, it's also one of the true velvet mattes I have tried!



Velvetint is a multipurpose mousse- type product that can be used on the eyes, lips, and cheeks; it has medium to heavy pigmentation; think of the payoff as having the capabilities of Colourtint's Fresh and Matte finish, but with a velvety texture.

Velvetint has a nice, sweet scent; nothing overpowering; this is originally made to be a velvety tint for the cheeks, but with its pigmentation and texture, I do find it more fitting to be a lipstick; I tend to dislike mousse as formula for cheek tint because it's just way too pigmented (even with just a dot) and takes a while to blend into an even finish; liquid and emulsion types are always the best cheek tint formulas for me.

Here are the swatches:

ROSÉ

A warm, midtone rose. Looks pretty and great for casual strolls.

BIRTHDAY CAKE

A nutty brown shade with a hint of pink. This is a very pretty shade! Great for office wear!

RSVP

Midtone rose with a predominantly red hue (at first I thought this is red, but it's actually more rosy). This is one "red" shade that I think is pretty meeting- friendly (well, if your office allows it!).

I really like the texture of these tints because they're one of the authentic velvet lipsticks out there, perhaps next to Giorgio Armani's Lip Maestro liquid lipstick; it's just that this one is completely matte and GA is semi-matte. Velvet matte lipsticks are always nice because they give lips a very even, polished look and at the same time, a pump of volume. Another thing worth mentioning about Velvetints is they're non-drying and last very long.

As for eye use, I haven't used Velvetints as eyeshadow though; I'm just not the type who would do that. ;)

Good job on this one, Colourette; I think this is my new favorite Colourette product, next to the Colourtints; hoping for more shades!

COLOURETTE VELVETINTS RATING

Please visit COLOURETTE COSMETICS on Facebook for more details about this product.