Ever Bilena Glow Out Highlighter: Most affordable intense highlighter there is!

Ever Bilena Glow Out Highlighter in Candlelight and Strobe review.

PRICE: P299
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in all leading department stores, drugstores, and supermarkets

THE VERDICT:

So this is Ever Bilena's famous, always-sold-out highlighter that rocked the local beauty shelves in 2018 and gave hope to budget beauty enthusiasts that a good strobe can be affordable and Fenty Beauty's Trophy Wife highlighter is indeed dupe-able. I just got my hands on it last December and after I've tried it, I'm pleased and happy to report that if you're still up for the megawatt highlighter look, Ever Bilena Glow Out highlighters will give you just that without having to spend a fortune!



Ever Bilena Glow Out highlighters come in two shades only: Candlelight and Strobe. Both products have that baked powder look to them (I dunno, baked powder products always seem to have this dome shape!) and housed in a duo plastic case and box. A little over-the-top on the packaging; I think they can do without the plastic though and lessen earth waste.

Ingredients

The compacts are quite sizeable; left is Candlelight and right is Strobe. I heard Strobe is the more popular shade. Compact comes with a clear cover for you to appreciate that moon- like entity in the pan, but the way the powder is pressed isn't seamless, but what the heck, it's only P299; that's just me nitpicking. I gotta manage my expectation sometimes.

L-R: Candlelight and Strobe
Interesting shade choices here: there's one that's fairly universal and the other is daring. It's a good decision to hit two strobing demographics without having to offer a ton of shade options. If you like yours basic, go for Strobe. If you like it daring and popping, go for Candlelight.

Candlelight is a yellow gold shade with gold shimmer; the shimmer is very fine, which gives it an almost metallic look. Meanwhile, Strobe is a pearl champagne shade with gold shimmer. Candlelight is a good dupe for Fenty Beauty's Trophy Wife highlighter, which caught Internet blaze last year in the viral beauty department.

Texture is not that smooth because the shimmers are pretty obvious, I can pick up some with a finger. It does not have any fragrance whatsoever. Pigmentation is medium to heavy.

Ever Bilena Glow Out Highlighter in Strobe
I have this new perspective now in scrutinizing beauty products and that is: "Don't judge a makeup by swatching. Put it on your face!" Because really, the face should be the final, major judge of the product. There are some products that won't sweep you off your feet on the initial touch an swatching, but they simply and magically transform into something beautiful once they're on the face; Ever Bilena's Glow Out Highlighter is the perfect example of that; it may not bear the niceness of some high end or even drugstore highlighters in terms of texture, but the finish could give most a run for their money. I thought that the shimmer particles would stand out on my skin, but it just sat beautifully and evenly with no fallouts or weird glitter poking out of my cheek bones. One layer is all I need to achieve a standout glow. Staying power is pretty good too, but on a drunk night out where people literally just touch each other's faces for no reason, you may need to retouch.

I haven't gotten around to taking Candlelight out on a spin, but I have tried it at home. It's a beautiful shade of gold that must be applied sparingly or else you will make people wonder if the legend of King Midas is true. If applied properly and just right, it accentuates a beautiful tan and turns morenas into instant golden goddesses, sans the beach. I can actually see myself wearing Candlelight on most days!

If you're looking for an affordable highlighting powder that can go head on with more expensive, megawatt highlighters out there, go for Ever Bilena Glow Out highlighters. This stuff is legit.

EVER BILENA GLOW OUT HIGHLIGHTER RATING

Please visit EVER BILENA on Facebook for more information. You can buy the product HERE.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. I've heard many great things about this. I just hope it's also friendly to the environment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So affordable ..strobe caught my eye the most ang simple.lang ng kulay 😍👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. woah! that highlight! amazing! maganda nga pg naapply na! I so love highlighter hehe, EB pa! buti na lng afford ko! yey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candlelight is perfect on my nose and strobe on my cheeks
    .

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)