Elf Blemish Control Face Primer: Great for oily, acne- prone skin!

ELF Blemish Control Primer review, price, swatch


PRICE: 10USD (Approximately P500+)
FROM: Ulta, San Diego
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at elfcosmetics.com

ELF Blemish Control Primer oily acne prone skin morena filipina beauty blog
THE VERDICT:

It is sad that ELF had to pull out from the Philippines at a time when they have significantly improved their products and formulas. That's why when I vacationed in the US, ELF topped my list in my must check out and must- buy list.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that ELF has a lot of primers already! I purchased ELF Blemish Control Primer; I opted for this because I was breaking out last June. I put it to the test right away when I got back and it has been a favorite of mine! This primer helps keep makeup looking fresh and the anti-acne ingredients make sure that acne is kept at bay and support my treatment skin care!



ELF Cosmetics Blemish Control Primer is formulated with Salicylic Acid, Vitamin E, and Tea Tree extracts to help fight blemishes, plus promises to keep makeup looking smooth and intact the whole day. ELF Cosmetics is cruelty- free and Vegan. The primer range is comprised of 10 primers to address a wide range of skin types and concerns; each primer variant comes in 14ml and 30ml sizes. According to ELF's official website, their primer range is the #1 primer in America.


Active Ingredient(s): Salicylic Acid 2%
Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Triethanolamine, Polycrylamid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Stearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol


ELF Blemish Control Primer oily acne prone skin morena filipina beauty blog
The primer has a soft cream consistency with a light silicone feel. I was expecting that it would reek of Tea Tree, but the odor was properly masked; it is virtually unscented. It's very easy to spread, concentrated, and gives my face a smooth feel. The silicone feel also evens out my skin tone and acts as an effective pore cover as well.

Formula contains 2% Salicylic Acid. That's a pretty high concentration and I've used other products with the same concentration of BHA and to me, that's a good minimum to see results.

The nice thing about using this product is the active ingredient keeps my breakout in check and prevents makeup from exacerbating the problem, plus it supports my other anti- acne skin care ingredients and skin progress to boot. 

Around June, my breakout went on like this: One pimple would heal, another one would pop out the next day. When I started using this product, one pimple would heal and another one would pop out, but in two to three days. Yay! The primer delayed the breakout cycle for a little to give my skin more time to heal before dealing with another problem; it may not be a significant effect to some, but I'd rather have that than none at all; when you're breaking out real bad, you become desperate for any product that will give your skin longer relief from breakouts. Besides, I do not expect this product to directly address my acne problem because it's makeup, not skin care.

The packaging feels nice overall and the intuitive pump dispenses the amount of product relative to the force applied; so economical!

As for the makeup benefits, it provides a smooth canvas for smoother- looking makeup. It keeps my makeup looking vibrant for hours, especially on the normal parts of my face, but doesn't necessarily have great oil control; my T-Zone would oil up after 3 hours; I wish ELF would address this portion and reformulate.

But so far, I'm very happy with this primer because it helped my skin! However, if you have allergies to silicone, you may break out from this primer even if it has an anti-acne ingredient so patch test first before purchasing.

I only have two favorite drugstore primers at the moment: Rimmel Long- Lasting Finish 8-hr. Primer and THIS!

ELF BLEMISH CONTROL FACE PRIMER RATING

Post a Comment

0 Comments