What I love doing on weekends


The weather and me stuck in bed for the last 2 hours just calls for this blog post. Might as well make use of my time before I head out to dinner.

What most of you don't know is I am a homebody. Before, I loved going out, but I guess when you age, you just try to find more time for yourself. You may see me all the time posting about events, but in reality, I love being alone as much as I love being with people. I'm an extrovert, yes, so it might baffle some of you to hear that I love aloneness. Well, I'm a PR professional as well and 5 days out of 7, I spend time talking with people; people tire me sometimes so I need my alone time and to hide in my space to recharge, recover, and prepare myself for the week's upcoming challenges. This is why weekends are sacred to me; as much as possible, I don't try to work (unless it's very, very, very urgent) and I just chill.

So what do I love doing during weekends?


1. TAKE OUT FOOD

- I live in a condo and even if cooking is more cost- effective versus taking out food or dining out, I prefer the latter because one, it's more tiring to cook for one than to cook for a family; I spend more time cooking and cleaning than actual eating. Time is valuable too, you know.

Since I live in a condo, the odor of cooking bothers me and sticks to the walls; nothing irks me more than a foul- smelling home.

I patronize a lot of food delivery services. Recently, I learned that Bo's Coffee has recently launched BOTTY, a chatbot that you can chat and order your favorite Bo's Coffee beverages, pastries, and meals from. HA! Finally, I can have my favorite Bo's Coffee Cold Brew at the convenience of my home.

Start ordering away and if you have more questions, just go to BO'S COFFEE on Facebook.

2. I INDULGE IN PAMPERING ROUTINES

- I mean long- a*s pampering routines. I prefer having my hair treatment, skin treatment, and body treatment at home so I can control what I use and most of all, my time. Besides, I have a ton of body, hair, and skin care products that are waiting to be used so why not?

3. I TAKE PHOTOS OF BEAUTY PRODUCTS

- As you may know, I receive A LOT of PR packages on a weekly basis. Sometimes, they pile up and they can make the room look untidy and clogged. So during weekends, I spend about 2-3 hours taking flatlays, product shots, and testing products to clear up the space for incoming packages.

4. I BINGE WATCH

- Something that all of us do! Like food services, I patronize various video streaming services and lately, I'm into HOOQ. Now I'll be more hooked on HOOQ because I learned that they recently launched a new HOOQ- produced series called SEX TALKS with none other than the Philippines' sex, relationships, and personal development guru, Dr. Margie Holmes.

Sex Talks talks about all the things that you would otherwise not talk about (publicly, at least), but would really love to anyway; I'm talking about sex. As someone who's married, I've been listening to a lot of relationship and sex podcasts, videos, and talks lately because it's important in keeping myself, my partner, and our marriage in check so we can hopefully stay happy and together forever!

Sex Talks is now live on HOOQ. Just visit HOOQ on Facebook for more information.

How about you. What are the things you love doing during weekends?

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. I’m a stay at home mom so weekdays or weekends there are so many things to do..di yta nauubos! Still, I choose to stay at home most of the times. If ever I go out mas ramdam ko madali na ako mapagod unlike before..thunders na talaga! 😂 Anyways, watching movies at home is what my hubby really loves to do, he loves to cook and I love to eat. Simple things like that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Martha, good to know the things that you are doing during weekends. I am a slightly introvert person and I really don't love being in a crowd. I don't mingle a lot because first, I am a mom now, I don't have time for that. Second, I prefer talking to my very very close friends hahaha medyo awkward maki mingle sa mga strangers. What I usually do during weekends po ay maglinis, maglaba ng mga bedsheets, basa basa ng mga skincare tips and nood ng skincarr vids haha tapos magplantsa ng mga uniforms and minsan grocery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im a working mom and my weekends are reserved for playtime with the kids when I don't have events to host or coordinate. Its also time for bonding with hubby and catching up with cleaning and other chores. Hope to find a yaya soon so I can have long pamper time.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)