Vivid and Vogue Hair Curler Review and Demo: P700 dupe for Kiss Instawave!

Vivid and Vogue Hair Curler review, price, demo


PRICE: P700
FROM: Make You Blush PH on Facebook
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available through various resellers on Shopee

Vivid and Vogue hair curler review kiss instawave dupe morena filipina beauty blog
THE VERDICT:

One thing I notice with a lot of girls who go to media events like me is they always have styled hair and most of the time, it's either curly or wavy. Styled hair makes a lot of difference to the look just as much as makeup; when you have makeup on, you look great; when you add vavoom hair, you're sure to turn heads. Most of the time, I want to go to events with styled hair. However, I could not curl my hair with a straightener to save my life and generally, I'm just lazy; I have a curling wand from Eva NYC, but I dislike all that manual twirling I have to do; yep, I'm THAT lazy.

Kiss Instawave came out and it was a godsend for lazy girls who want pretty curls like me; however, it came at a steep price tag. After a few months since learning about KI, I encountered Vivid and Vogue through someone I know (and who's selling it as well), which exactly looks and works like Kiss Instawave. It's only P700 so what the heck, I thought, so I bought one and I was so happy I did because frankly speaking, it's a dupe of Kiss Instawave in terms of general benefits: instant, easy curls.



Vivid and Vogue hair curler review kiss instawave dupe morena filipina beauty blog
According to the seller, Vivid and Vogue is a brand from Taiwan, but after a thorough research, I learned that it is a brand from China; it's a brand much like Focallure and not some random curler from venus-knows-where.

Vivid and Vogue hair curler review kiss instawave dupe morena filipina beauty blog
Vivid and Vogue Hair Curler is pretty sleek and the packaging and its inclusions are pretty straightforward: you get the curler, a pamphlet manual, two hair clips, and a rat tail comb (PERF. I've been meaning to buy this).

Vivid and Vogue hair curler review kiss instawave dupe morena filipina beauty blog
The device is pretty straightforward as well. There's just one way to turn it on and it's the on and off button.

Vivid and Vogue hair curler review kiss instawave dupe morena filipina beauty blog
Vivido and Vogua!!?!
Anyway, let's not mind the misspelled brand name. Chinese brands really have to work on their translation.

The two buttons are the rotators; you can curl your hair either clockwise or counter- clockwise; curl your hair clockwise to get an inward curl and curl counter- clockwise to get an outward curl.

Here are some quick review points:

PROS

1. Very affordable
2. Sleek and lightweight
3. The barrel rolls smoothly
4. The barrel heats up fairly fast, in about 1-2 minutes
5. The barrel heats up to a certain point and stays in that temperature for the rest of usage
6. The curler curls hair fast and designed to release hair safely and quickly
7. Thankfully, no short circuit or overheating issues after a full 20- minute usage. Take note, I haven't used the device for a full hour so I cannot claim that it's safe and problem- free beyond 20 minutes.

CONS

1. No temperature indicator so one has no idea how hot the barrel can really get; this is quite risky for very sensitive hair.
2. The barrel is of metal material versus Kiss Instawave's ceramic material; metal burns hotter than ceramic and cools down slower than the latter. Daily, prolonged usage can cause hair damage.
3. No way to adjust temperature.

Vivid and Vogue hair curler review kiss instawave dupe morena filipina beauty blog
Here's a rough GIF demo featuring how Vivid and Vogue hair curler works. 

Usage is pretty easy: 

1. Just gather a slim bunch of hair
2. Insert the lower portion in a zig-zag manner along the plastic stakes located at the base of the curler.
3. Press one of the rotators, either clockwise or counter- clockwise.
4. Hold for a couple of seconds (I leave mine for 30 seconds or more, but not less than that)
5. Slowly pull the curler downwards.  
6. Voila! You finally have a quick curl!

Vivid and Vogue hair curler review kiss instawave dupe morena filipina beauty blog
Curls under 20 minutes! I'm still getting the hang of the device and I think once I'm used to it, I can finish curling my entire head in 10- 15 minutes.

You can create semi- wide to tight curls with this wand; if you want bigger, wavy type of curls, you can try curling a thicker hair bunch in one go and lightly combing out the curls (or not at all); but don't expect to get barrel curls and beach waves from this one because of the slim barrel design that's really ideal for giving tight curls.

The common question that I got when I first posted this product on my social media is: DOES IT GIVE LONG- LASTING CURLS?

My answer is this: the device only has a direct effect on how fast your hair will curl, but it doesn't have a direct effect on the longevity of the curl. 

Longevity of curls is dependent on if the curler was hot enough to curl and if you curled your hair long enough, your hair's reaction to styling and heat, your hair prep, and the hair spray you've used. 

I've been curling my hair for ages; I've been to salons that used the most expensive hair curlers on me (and expensive products even) and my hair would only stay nice and curly for about half of the day before everything loosens; it's the same experience with Vivid and Vogue.

If you want your curls to stay longer, here are a few tips:

1. Don't condition hair before curling.
2. Apply mousse with soft hold on damp hair to give hair a bit of grip.
3. Completely dry hair before curling.
4. Heat your curler up to the right temperature.
5. Give your hair ample time on the barrel before pulling out.
6. Set your curls with hair spray. I personally love Eva NYC Hold Me Tight Hair Spray and any of Tresemme's hair sprays.

So far, my experience was pleasant with Vivid and Vogue hair curler; it's an affordable dupe for Kiss Instawave. For P700, I get instant, pretty curls under 20 minutes. Now I can sport cooler hair when I go to events or whenever!

P.S. Some readers and followers were telling me that there are sellers who are selling this product for as low as P300 and the price I got it for is too expensive. I cannot vouch for other sellers especially since I do not know if there's a fake Vivid and Vogue hair curler out there. I can only recommend the shop I got it from because I can vouch that the item I purchased is safe. Please buy at your own risk. Click HERE to go to the Facebook fan page where I got this product.

Have you tried this product already? What are your thoughts?

VIVID AND VOGUE HAIR CURLER RATING

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. bet namin yan madam kasi budget friendly na and maganda pa performance! nasa tao na lng yan para ingatan ang pag gamit kasi d natin alam kung gaano kainit kaya nya and for me, i know exactly how to style my hair sa iron..makabili nga nyan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the demo it helped me decide to buy. Its the auto curling around the iron that got me buying. I am that LAZY too and I've bought so many other curling irons but the i just can't stand the manual curling. I end up selling or giving away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG THIS LOOKS SO GOOD! I've been looking for good curlers lately and I'm glad this came up!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)