My Teeth Whitening Experience + Dos and Donts


My Teeth Whitening Experience + Dos and Donts brightsmile avenue dental bgc morena filipina beauty blog
I think one of the best Christmas gifts I have gotten is a teeth whitening package courtesy of BrightSmile Avenue Dental. I have always been meaning to try teeth whitening because, as vain as it may sound, I know I have pretty good- looking teeth and I wish they were a bit whiter.

Before the previous year ended and a new one began, I finally gave it a shot and here's a documentation of my experience, what I think about the procedure, the dos and donts, and if I will recommend it.


My Teeth Whitening Experience + Dos and Donts brightsmile avenue dental bgc morena filipina beauty blog
BrightSmile Avenue Dental is located in the posh side of Taguig, BGC. I loved the soothing atmosphere, primarily driven by their right choice of music; man, I felt so relaxed before the treatment started and the perfect combination of soothing music and atmosphere eased away some of my worries and fears before beginning with the procedure.

Doc TJ, my dentist for the day, told me a bit about the teeth whitening treatment that promises to give you teeth that's up to 7 times whiter. They have used ZOOM, a professional teeth whitening system that is high end and popular among a lot of Filipinas; for their clientele, it's popular among bride-to-be's. 

My Teeth Whitening Experience + Dos and Donts brightsmile avenue dental bgc morena filipina beauty blog
First off, Doc TJ gave me a dental exam to see if I am fit for the procedure. After being cleared, she gave me oral prophylaxis; I badly needed one that time and it's an ideal pre-treatment so as not to waste the effects of Zoom.

My Teeth Whitening Experience + Dos and Donts brightsmile avenue dental bgc morena filipina beauty blog
Next, my mouth was lubricated with petroleum jelly and a mouth retractor was inserted; they put two solutions on my teeth: the white one is a gum seal to prevent the solution from leaking into the gums; the orange liquid is the whitening solution.

The gum seal is an essential protection to minimize the side effects of the teeth whitening solution; side effects can be gum sensitivity, gum sores, or whiter- looking gums that go away after a couple of days.

My Teeth Whitening Experience + Dos and Donts brightsmile avenue dental bgc morena filipina beauty blog
Each procedure allows three rounds of whitening under the blue light; each treatment lasts for approximately 20-30 minutes. Doc TJ said that most people can't go beyond the first or second rounds because of intense teeth sensitivity or "pangingilo"; this is normal during the procedure because the light and lightening solution are opening up the tubules on the teeth, making it more prone to sensitivity.

The first round was completely okay. The second round was a bit challenging as my teeth started to become increasingly sensitive 15 minutes before it ended and it wasn't a happy feeling; I ended my session on the second round; I didn't want to challenge fate LOL.

My Teeth Whitening Experience + Dos and Donts brightsmile avenue dental bgc morena filipina beauty blog
Afterwards, Doc TJ proceeded to remove the seal and wash off the remaining whitening solution.

My Teeth Whitening Experience + Dos and Donts brightsmile avenue dental bgc morena filipina beauty blog
This was my teeth after the procedure; WOW; it looked whiter! Doc TJ compared a swatch of my teeth color prior the treatment to my teeth color post- treatment; the difference was indeed staggering; my teeth got three shades lighter.

My Teeth Whitening Experience + Dos and Donts brightsmile avenue dental bgc morena filipina beauty blog
However, teeth sensitivity started to kick in, which Doc TJ said was completely normal since the tubules are open right after the procedure. She applied a liquid numbing solution, which I had to ask to be applied twice to lessen teeth sensitivity further.

The treatment went smoothly and lasted for about an hour and a half; the sensitivity only lasted for about 1 hour.

My Teeth Whitening Experience + Dos and Donts brightsmile avenue dental bgc morena filipina beauty blog
Now here's a before and after shot of my teeth. I'm so happy with the turnout! Now I understand why some of my friends who have undergone the same experience said that it's such a positive experience; it's pretty much like the feeling you get after a new hair cut and hair color; you just feel renewed and you have this newfound confidence from the experience; it also makes you appreciate your teeth more after the experience.

Overall, I love the experience and pain level is 5/10 for me (I have high pain tolerance). Doc TJ said that it only takes 15 minutes of the first round to get significantly whiter teeth so don't worry about not getting favorable results if you think you can't finish the first round. I recommend it if you want a fresh new look through your teeth; to be honest, my face looked brighter and more fresh after the experience!

DOS AND DON'TS OF TEETH WHITENING

DO....

1. Tell your dentist if you have health conditions or pregnant; it is extremely important to divulge these things to prevent more serious medical emergencies later on.
2. Steer away from hot drinks after the procedure to prevent further sensitivity
3. Use a straw if you need to drink colored beverages.

DON'T....

1. Eat colored food and sauces for a week such as soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ketchup, and fish sauce to name a few.
2. Drink colored drinks for a week such as wine and coffee.
3. Smoke at least for a week after the procedure as tar can stain your teeth.

TEETH WHITENING FAQS

1. Is it safe?
- Absolutely! Because Zoom is a professional treatment and done under the supervision of a dentist. It is best to have such procedures done by a professional.

2. What are the diseases that will prevent me from having the procedure?
- Some bleeding- related cases and heart diseases, but to be sure and to get a complete list, seek Dentist advice.

3. How much is the procedure?
- P25,000 for the entire session at BrightSmile Avenue Dental.

4. What if the whiteness fades?
- You can come back for a retouch.

5. Are there post- procedure side effects?
- Aside from teeth sensitivity, I had gum sores that lasted for about 5 days; they were pretty painful I have read that it's a side effect usually caused by the teeth whitening solution. What cured my post- procedure sores was gargling warm water with salt every night until they disappeared.

I hope you have enjoyed this! Let me know if you have done the same procedure or if you have questions! 

Here's a vlog of my experience!


BrightSmileAvenue Dental is located at U305 McKinley Park Residences, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. Visit BRIGHTSMILE AVENUE DENTAL on Facebook for more information.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. So informative! I've always wondered about the do's and dont's of these treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ganda naman, galing ah, maganda din tlga sa mata ang maputing ngipin eh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have low tolerance to pain I guess And May not be able to undergo such treatment but would really love to. My teeth is not that white and can be seen in pictures especially when you use a certain shade of lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaaahhhhh, the photos are painful to see hahaha grabe super takot ako sa dentist pero if may chance, titiisin ko yung sakit just to get a whiter teeth. I also have a good set of teeth but kagaya sayo Miss Martha, it's kinda yellowish. I also want to try whitening procedures, and probably di ba kapag keri na ng budget, why not? 😍

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)