5 Tips to Keep Your Immune System Healthy


5 Tips to Keep Your Immune System Healthy covid 19 coronavirus philippines health beauty blog
2020 has indeed changed our perception about health and one of the biggest lessons of the year is to always be prepared, health- wise; this means taking care of it and trying to keep it healthy every day.

That said, here are 5 tips (or should I say, reminders because these have always been the key steps in maintaining good health!) to keep your immune system healthy and at its peak as much as possible so you can higher your chances staying disease- free.


5 Tips to Keep Your Immune System Healthy covid 19 coronavirus philippines health beauty blog
1. TAKE YOUR VITAMINS REGULARLY

- There's a reason why medical experts and pharmaceutical companies would advise us to take our vitamins regularly and it is because it's meant to supplement the minerals and vitamins that we lack  on a daily basis just because we're not getting enough of it from the food we eat.

The immune system is our daily defense against viruses and to keep it healthy, take your multivitamins and 1000mg of Vitamin C + Zinc or no more than 1000mg of Vitamin C per day. Supplements don't only come in tablet and capsule form; they can come in food and beverage mixes, chewables, and drinks so choose what best suits your preference. Personally, I prefer tablets and capsules because they're the easiest to take!

2. EAT RIGHT

- In connection with number 1, eating right should be a paramount priority when it comes to nourishing the body-food is the natural and preferred source of essential vitamins and minerals; coupled with a daily multivitamin habit, we're ensuring that the body gets the right nutrition it needs to function well and stay resilient in keeping viruses at bay.

3. GET QUALITY SLEEP

- Another very important yet often overlooked aspect in keeping a healthy body. Sleep is not only a relaxation activity, but a much- needed process of our body to repair and regenerate itself so make sure to sleep at a good time and get at least 7-8 hours of quality sleep. Yup, this is my note to self!

4. EXERCISE

- Exercise used to be a vanity mission for me, but now, I do it primarily for health; I exercise to keep my muscles strong and my body hardy. Exercise, apart from making you healthier and fit, helps improve your mental capacity as well.

5. TAKE CARE OF YOUR INNER WELL- BEING

- None of these will be truly effective if we don't take care of our spiritual, emotional, and mental health. If the news is making your feel more and more anxious, take a break from watching the news. If you're becoming pessimistic because of all the heated exchanges and negative information you see on social media, put down your phone. Read an inspiring book, watch a feel- good movie, meditate, pick up a new hobby, exercise a skill, or write a positivity journal. Negative emotions can cause a lot of stress which can lead to imbalances in the body, making you more vulnerable to diseases. So keep calm and carry on.

For your health needs, Watsons is your one- stop shop for a wide array of product and brand options. Given the situation we're in, I advise you to stock up on essentials so you don't have to go out often and expose yourself to more risk in this season of COVID-19 (and that's my final tip for you!).

P.S. Watsons delivers too! Shop online at watsons.com.ph.

For more information, please visit WATSONS PHILIPPINES on Facebook.

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. Very well said.. we need to keep strong especially nowadays

    Ig: hnhfua

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I super agree with these especially with taking care of yout inner well being. For me, it affects you as a whole. I work as a frontliner and the pressure, stress and being always tired make me feel much more anxious to the point I always cry even just for small things and overthinking on what will happen next or in the future. Then therecomes the social media, much more toxic than before. It came to the point wherein I can't even eat, sleep and get up on my bed. So I tried distancing myself. I didn't go online for days to weeks. Talked with someone. Started eating right and working out on my free time. And it really really changed a lot compared to the situation before. I just thank God that I don't give up easily in times like these. I'm sure that we are all going through the rough times and affects our whole well being but I think we should also help ourselves to get over it or seek some help to the other people who truly understands. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watsons is My favorite shop lalo na sa health needs natin . Buti malapit lang din dito at pwedi na din sila mag deliver . Importante ralaga ang health natin lalo na ngayon dahil may covid19 .. kailangan e boost natin ang ating immune system para di tayo madali mahawaan ng sakit. Salamat sa pag share Ms.Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing and reminding
    Us miss martha This is what we need now to boost our immune system lalo na may pandemic ngayon..

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)