How To Treat Acne (and Maskne!)

 How To Treat Acne (and Maskne!) morena beauty skin care blog

I think everyone will agree with me when I say that everyone’s experiencing a high form of stress lately and also, skin problems. Stress can cause a multitude of skin problems and unfortunately, they like showing themselves to the public in the form of acne. Not only that, mask wearing has also brought us a new cause of acne called Maskne that plagues everyone even non-acne prone individuals.

 

Yup, this is my problem lately. I’m having again a bout of acne and have been dealing with Maskne! I’ve been diligent with my skin care  routine and even tried switching between my go- to anti- acne skin care products (acids, why?!), but to no avail.


I have decided to try a different approach and that is to take anti-acne supplements; I thought it’s time that I deal with this from within so I took Lactezin by Unilab. I’ll share with you my journey and thoughts on the product, plus tips on how to treat acne (and maskne!).


How To Treat Acne (and Maskne!) morena beauty skin care blog

Lactezin by Unilab is a supplement that aids in treating acne in adults. The main actives of this supplement are Lactoferrin, Vitamin E, and Zinc. Lactoferrin is a type of protein found in cow’s milk, but is being derived from rice as well for various medicinal uses. Lactoferrin is found to be effective in addressing inflammation and combating bacteria; it’s also present in high levels in Colostrum, which is found in the first milk of mothers that is vital to protect newborn babies from bacteria and viruses. Needless to say, Lactoferrin a great anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agent. Vitamin E helps protect our bodies from free radicals and aids skin in the healing process and finally, Zinc, is another effective anti- acne vitamin. I’m happy to know that Lactezin contains Zinc; not a lot of people know this, but Zinc is very effective in treating acne as well

 

Lactezin is an over-the-counter drug. You can purchase it anytime when you think you need to supplement your anti-acne routine, but please be sure to consult with your physician first before usage most especially if you are pregnant, lactating, or have existing health or skin conditions.


How To Treat Acne (and Maskne!) morena beauty skin care blog

Each capsule costs P27 and is recommended to be taken twice daily. It promises to reduce break outs in two weeks. I did so and here’s a quick recap of my journey:

 

- I took the capsules twice a day, day and night, after having a meal

- No side effects experienced.

- I like that it’s in capsule form; makes it easy to swallow for people like me who dislike taking tablets

 

I’m only on my first week of usage and my skin has demonstrated significant results!

 

How To Treat Acne (and Maskne!) morena beauty skin care blog

Here’s a comparison photo. The first week has been magical! As you can see, I had a raging cystic pimple on the lower right side of my lip plus mini pimples that are all over my face. Together with a religious skin care routine and Lactezin, my zit has flattened and as of this writing, it is completely gone. I’ve been treating that pimple since it came out and it wasn’t yielding until I inserted Lactezin in my routine. Lo and behold, zit was gone and my skin’s looking pretty flawless again.

 

Given my result, of course I’d highly recommend Lactezin if you’re suffering mild to moderate breakouts and your usual skin care products don’t seem to be working anymore.

 

If you want to know more about Lactezin, check out their FAQs page.

 

Before we go, I’m leaving with you some reminders to keep your skin acne- free as often as possible and how you can address Maskne:

 

HOW TO TREAT ACNE AND KEEP YOUR SKIN ACNE FREE:

 

1.    Know your skin type. I cannot stress this enough. This is important so you will know which textures and consistencies will work for your skin. A lot of break outs stem from product- related adverse reaction. If you think a product is breaking you out, stop usage and rest your skin for at least a week or until the reaction subsides by just washing it with a mild facial cleanser and keeping it moist and protected with a mild moisturizer.

2.    It is important to know the things that are causing your breakouts. Are you allergic to a certain kind of food? Is a certain skin care ingredient breaking you out? Does your skin break out when you are stressed? Make a diary of your findings so you can make a list of possible situations, products, or ingredients that may be causing or contributing to the exacerbation of acne.

3.    Keep yourself hydrated at all times, most especially on the inside. Break outs are sometimes the body’s way of telling you that you have poor water intake.

4.    Stop touching your face most especially when you are doing things that require you to touch many things or surfaces.

5.    As much as possible, try to minimize stress.

6.    Consult a dermatologist if acne gets worse.

 

TIPS ON HOW TO PREVENT OR ADDRESS MASKNE:

 

1.    Always use a clean mask.

2.    Wear light makeup, most especially on the part that is being covered by the mask.

3.    If possible, wear zero makeup if you only have to go out for a while to run some errands. This will help minimize the risk of clogged pores.

4.    When the covered areas get sweaty and muggy, always wipe off with a clean towel/tissue.

 

As you have read, supplementing from the inside is one way to treat acne and keep skin acne- free as well. Supplements like Lactezin can help keep your skin clear by supporting the benefits of the skin care products you are using.

 

Have you tried Lactezin already? What is your experience?

 

There you have it! If you have more questions, you may visit http://lactezin.com, LACTEZIN on Facebook http://facebook.com/Lactezin, and @lactezin on Instagram.

Disclaimer: This post is brought to you by Lactezin and The Beauty Junkee

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. I am kinda scared with oral medications and only do some topical ones. But grabe the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review Ms. Martha. At the moment, I won't try it po kahit sobrang nagbreak out ako lately, preggy po kasi ako atm and will give birth next month. But will definitely keep this one in mind and ask my OB after giving birth. Thank you for the tips. See you po sa 26th. ������

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review and tips Miss. Martha♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how detailed this blog is. I haven't actually tried the product yet but for me its a bit pricey for one capsule. I'm amazed how it works on you Ms. Martha ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanna share whenever I tried Everbilena and nichido powders I felt my skin was itchy and not healthy..thanks goodness to innisfree and cathydoll powders they are the one Im using now..I just love Kproducts the fact that they dont harm my skin..havent tried lactezin though...nice review

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanna share whenever I tried Everbilena and nichido powders I felt my skin was itchy and not healthy..thanks goodness to innisfree and cathydoll powders they are the one Im using now..I just love Kproducts the fact that they dont harm my skin..havent tried lactezin though...nice review

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)