In: BIG EYES MAKEUP CHINKY EYES DOLL EYES HOW TO'S: BEAUTY AND FASHION TIPS HOW TO MAKE EYES LOOK BIGGER MAKE EYES LOOK BIGGER SMALL EYES
FAKE IT: HOW TO MAKE SMALL EYES LOOK BIGGER
Okay, I'm no chinita. But I'm not the type with deep creases either. I have deep set eyes but my creases would tend to disappear if my eyes are wide open. My eyes are a mix of my mom's deep set eyes and my dad's barely there creases.
But some of my chinita friends don't really have creases. And if they laugh, their eyes would literally sink in their faces. I don't know why they would want to have bigger creases. And whatever reason they have, it may have made them try tons of ways to create fake creases. And big eyes really make a difference. :)
Photo Credits: untitledarchive.com
I'm not saying that chinky eyes are not pretty. I'm still an advocate of Love-Your-Own-Features crusade. These are just ways to enhance chinky peepers. :)
I will show you top five ways to create fake creases, and are used by my chinita friends. Some of my friends even resorted to cosmetic surgeries. But don't worry, I wouldn't recommend that. Apart from it being costly, I strongly believe that not all surgeries come out exactly how it should be or how you expected it to be. And for cheese's sake, we're dealing with eyes. So as much as possible, let's keep the knife and needles away from it.
Photo Credits: scottwesterfeld.com
1. FAKE IT WITH MAKE- UP!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: GOLD OR SILVER EYESHADOW; MATTE SOFT BROWN EYESHADOW; BLACK EYELINER
1. Apply the gold or silver eyeshadow up to your estimated crease line. The trick to finding your crease line is locating the area where your eyeball ends. DON'T POKE YOUR EYES!
2. Don't overdo the gold or silver eyeshadow. Just apply the right amount, where it is evident, yet not too unnatural (aka Space Girl).
3. Dab a small eyeshadow brush on the matte soft brown eyeshadow. Be careful not to overdo it as well. Be reminded that we are just enhancing your eyes, so the look must be Au Naturel as possible. You can go overboard a bit if you're going to a party or a night out.
4. Apply on your outer crease. Apply the eyeshadow outward going inward. Create a fading effect as much as possible.
5. Apply an eyeliner on your outer lash line going to the middle part. It is not necessary to entirely line your lash line. If you're familiar with how Angelina Jolie lines her eyes, you'll get what I'm saying. But don't imitate the winged eye effect. Just follow the natural line contour of your eyes. Try applying the eyeliner as close to your lash line as possible.
6. Get a q- tip. Lightly smudge the eyeliner a bit, especially on the outer lash line part. This is just to soften the eyeliner. The technique is not meant to create a smokey effect.
7. Apply mascara. Use volumizing or lengthening variants.
Photo Credits: cleangreenbeautyfiles.wordpress.com
2. FAKE IT WITH LASHES!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: MASCARA, FAKE EYELASHES, OR EYELASH EXTENSIONS
A. If you have long but sparse lashes, use a volumizing mascara.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: MASCARA, MASCARA, MASCARA! OH, DID I SAY THAT YOU'LL NEED MASCARA?
L'oreal: Double Extension, Collagene Boost
Covergirl: Lash Blast
Max Factor: False Lashes Effect Mascara
Lancome: Flextencils, Oscillation
Chanel: Inmitable, Exceptionelle
*You can also use lash coats, or popularly known as the White Mascaras. These are meant to add extra volume to extra sparse lashes. Try Lancome's Cils Booster XL, or Double- ended mascaras such as L'oreal's Double Extension mascara, which comes with a black mascara as well.
If you have thick but short lashes, use a lengthening mascara
Maybelline: Sky High Curves, Lash Stilleto
TIP: APPLY MASCARA ON YOUR LOWER LASHES. THIS HELPS THE EYES LOOK BIGGER AND LOOK WIDE AWAKE.
Photo Credits: beautyandthedirt.com
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: A SALON THAT OFFERS EYELASH EXTENSION SERVICES
B. If you are the type who are allergic to mascaras, an eyelash extension is a possible solution. Price ranges from 800php- 1500php. The price depends on the thickness of the eyelash hair. Replenish the hair every two months.
Eyelash extensions may require extra care like avoiding eye rubbing as much as possible,avoiding it when you're washing your face, and not staying for too long in swimming pools and the sea (boo!). If you're OC or the type who wouldn't really mind taking care of specific things, then an eyelash extension could be great for you.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: FALSE EYELASHES; EYELASH ADHESIVE
C. One quick way to more lush and longer lashes are false eyelashes. There are brands in the market such as ardell and andrea that offer eyelashes made of natural hair. Just be sure that you'll get yourself a heavy duty eyelash adhesive. Duo or Kryolan are your best bets. These brands are made of latex, which makes the glue not cling too much on your lashes (the major cause of lash fall to false eyelashes wearers). Make sure to remove the eyelash adhesive with baby oil. DO NOT TUG!
3. FAKE IT WITH ADHESIVE!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: EYELID TAPES; EYELID GLUES
1. Use tape. Ok. We are not talking of office or school supply tapes. We're talking of eyelid tapes. You can get a set for 88php in Saizen outlets. Instructions come with every pack that you buy.
2. Use an eyelid adhesive. Etude House is selling the Big Eye eyelid glue so be sure to check that one out. But please, do not use mighty bond or Elmer's! :p
Photo Credits: stylehive.com
4. FAKE IT WITH BLACK!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: BLACK EYESHADOW, BLACK EYELINER, WHITE OR SILVER EYESHADOW, MASCARA, HEAVY DUTY EYE PRIMER, EYELASH CURLER
Smokey eye make- up can be the trick to defining your eyes. If you're an eyeshadow junkie, then good news. You can use eyeshadow to define your eyes.
1. Apply a heavy duty eye primer. Why do you need a heavy duty eye primer? If you're planning to make your make- up last, then a heavy duty eye primer will be your sole companion in keeping you from not looking like a raccoon.
2. Apply the black eyeliner as base for your black eyeshadow. Apply on your entire crease, then smudge a bit.
3. Apply black eyeshadow. Create an arched line. Just simply follow the curve of your eye crease.
4. Apply black eyeliner just below your waterline. You can line the entire area below your waterline.
5. Connect the ends of your lower lash line and crease or upper lash line with a black eyeliner, to close the gap where the crow's feet develops. Connecting both ends will create an illusion of drawn eyes.
6. Dab a bit of white or silver eyeshadow on your tear duct. This creates an illusion of a well- defined eye. The contrast of the white or silver eyeshadow with the black eyeshadow will define the shape of your eyes, making it stand out more. Again, don't go overboard.
7. Apply mascara on your upper lashes. Apply some on your lower lashes as well. Curl carefully with an eyelash curler.
Photo Credits: contexts.org/.../comment-page-1/
5. FAKE IT WITH FAKE EYES!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: CONTACT LENSES; CONTACT LENS SOLUTION; CONTACT LENS CASE
Nope, not the ones you see on the road when you're in the car and stuck in traffic. Save that for Halloween. We're talking of contact lenses here. There are certain contact lenses that have been developed to make your eyes look bigger such as the Doll Eye contact lenses.
Practice contact lens hygiene. Do not lend it, do not borrow, do not touch it with dirty hands, clean the case always, and replace the solution after every use.
DO NOT SLEEP WITH YOUR CONTACT LENSES ON. YOU MIGHT END UP IN AN OPERATING TABLE WHEN YOU WAKE UP. IF YOU HAVE THE DOPEY COMPLEX, WHERE YOU CAN'T KEEP YOURSELF FROM SLEEPING (AKA SLEEPY HEAD), THEN MIGHT I SUGGEST THAT YOU TRY THE OTHER METHODS.
POV: I personally don't like those Doll Eye contact lenses. I have a friend who's a fan of that. And when she's just staring in blank space, saying nothing and barely moving, she freaks me out. She looks creepy. :p
There you go! If you have any tips and tricks in creating fake creases, Please do let us know! We would love to know your style! :)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.