BENEFIT BELLA BAMBA BLUSH

Here's an initial review on BENEFIT BELLA BAMBA BLUSH

PRICE: AROUND (1450PHP)
PLACE BOUGHT: HONG KONG (AIRPORT)
OTHER LOCATIONS: DIRECT SELLERS; BENEFITCOSMETICS.COM

DESCRIPTION (TAKEN FROM BENEFITCOSMETICS.COM):

Amplify cheekbones and create the illusion of sculpted features with this 3D watermelon blush. Laced with shimmering gold undertones, bella bamba is taking eye popping pretty to the third dimension...you'll never use traditional blush again!





THE VERDICT:


The description "Watermelon Pink" just drew me in. The shade looks cute, and the box is oh-so-lovely. Benefit does make beautiful packagings and descriptions which makes every make- up lover crave for their cosmetics.
Bella Bamba is the newest addition to the best- selling line of the Box O' Powders roster.

Bella Bamba is an innovation that targets each and every blush concern. It is specifically made to contour, highlight and add color to your cheeks.


Finally, a handy mirror is installed in the box. It makes blush application easier. You can retouch your blush anytime, anywhere.


The brush is cuteness overload!


Click the pic to view the ingredients and description.


At first sight, I thought that the blush is similar to Coralista. But the real shade of the blush comes out when swatched as seen below:


I tried comparing the shade to my Pretty Pink blush from the Pretty Powerful palette because I thought that the two are similar. But they're different after all because Bella Bamba has a hint of coral in the color.

I've read reviews saying that Bella Bamba is similar to Nars Orgasm. I didn't see that similarity though. Maybe the shade changes depending on whatever skin color one's in. I've made a comparison and I conclude that no, they aren't similar. Nars is more on the coral side, while Bella Bamba is more on the pink side.


Here's the pretty blush on my cheeks. So this blush promises to highlight, sculpt, and add color to your cheeks. 'ADD COLOR', check. The watermelon pink shade gives me this pretty, tropical glow. 'CONTOUR', check. If you layer this blush, it has a tendency to create a plane on your cheeks, which results to a contoured look. But don't worry. The color is semi- sheer, so you don't have to worry about looking like a clown if you plan to layer the color. Lastly, 'HIGHLIGHT', check. Do you guys see the certain glow on the apples of my cheeks? Those are the gold particles infused in the blush. It livens up your look by adding a bit of shimmer on your cheeks. The gold particles aren't chunky, so no need to worry about looking like a Diva or something. Those who are blessed and aren't blessed with cheekbones will find this product handy because it puts your cheeks on the spotlight with its 3d- fying effect!

It also has this sweet watermelon scent. I find it nice, but others might be sensitive when it comes to scents. Staying power is good. You might have to retouch around twice if you're wearing this.

Overall, I am happy with this purchase. But Benefit is too expensive for me. If someone would give this to me as a gift, I wouldn't mind!

If you're planning to try the Box o' Powders of Benefit, I would have to suggest that you choose Bella Bamba. The color's unique, and it's probably the only blush you'll ever need. This summer, peaches, oranges, and corals are staple lip and cheek colors once again. So stand out among the rest by using tropical pinks instead!

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. Ang pretty lang! :) must find a dupe as i find benefit here too expensive.. :( or will ask someone get this for me. :)hmm.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. crystal: thank you! mana sa mommy. yung mom ko talaga, cheekbones kung cheekbones! :)

    shen: ask someone to get it for you! that's what I did. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which do you like more? The Bella Bamba or the Coralista? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. carl: bella bamba! I was having a hard time making coralista show up on me. and coralista's close to nars' blush in luster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. kim: blush addict ka nga din pala. :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)