PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ELF CORRECTIVE CONCEALER PALETTE

Here's an initial review on ELF CORRECTIVE PALETTE

PRICE: 249.75PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: WATSON'S, SM MAKATI CITY
OTHER LOCATIONS: WATSON'S STORES, SM MALLS, FIRST AID, GREENBELT 3, MAKATI CITY

THE VERDICT:

Sleepless nights, hardcore partying, smoking, and a major overdose of junk food defined my summer. Yes, that's my idea of resting. I'm pretty sure when summer is over, I have mustered enough enthusiasm to start writing my thesis and make the rest of the year productive.

But unfortunately, these bad habits have taken their toll on my skin. My monthly cycle and sudden change in my skin care routine may be considered as factors, but I do believe that the former have the biggest impact on my skin.

People tell me I have great skin, and I shouldn't be worrying about these tiny breakouts. But to me, they're MAJOR breakouts. I'm not used to seeing pimples all over my face.

Thank goodness, these tiny pimples are about to heal. Unfortunately, they left nasty dark marks. I've had the same problem before, and I know they'll heal in a few weeks. But I really hate those marks to bits.

During my supermarket haul, I picked up an ELF corrective concealer palette. It's the only concealer palette available among the brands in Watson's. And it's pretty cheap for a palette of 4.

Packaging is quite cheap. It's made of cheap plastic. Oh well. It's only 250php. What do you expect?

It has a mirror embedded inside, which makes application easier. It also has a protective plastic film cover to prevent dust and dirt from getting inside the palette.

If you've read my A PRIMER ON CONCEALERS entry, you pretty much know the purpose of these multi- colored concealers. (L-R) The nude concealer is the natural shade. It somewhat adheres and adjusts to your natural skin tone. Green covers redness, especially that of a fresh, juicy pimple. Lilac (but it seems pink to me) brightens sallow and yellow areas, and peach covers dark marks.

It also comes with a brush for hygienic application.

L-R: Nude, Green, Lilac, Peach. All swatched heavily for reference.

Now here's the initial testing.

There's that nasty fresh pimple on my forehead. I've used the green one to cover it. I applied the concealer around two- to three times. It somehow covered the redness, but you can see that it still persisted.

Here are the nastiest marks. They're on my beloved cheeks! I've used peach and topped it with the nude shade. It did cover some of the small marks, but overall, coverage is not impressive.

Here's the finished product. I've already applied foundation and powder on my face.

The pimple on the forehead. It looks quite decent. Redness gone, but the lump is still there.

Cheek bumps and marks. Lo and behold, the concealer vanished. It was tolerable when I only had the concealer on. When I finally put the foundation and powder, the concealer was gone!

However, I find that this works better on under eye circles. I have dark under eye circles due to genetics and late night sleeping. I've used the peach prior to applying my MAC Studio Finish concealer.

L- R: Without concealer; with the peach corrector; with the peach corrector and MAC Studio Finish.

The concealers are unscented. Coverage is very sheer. You need to put around 4-7 layers to see some concealing effect. And it does not last the whole day, especially in a hot and humid condition.

The main problem of this concealer palette is the consistency. It's too sheer and lightweight for a concealer. But overall, this concealer will work best if you do not need serious concealing. For facial skin concealing, I will not recommend this, as this does not do the job. It will also work best on the under eyes if you use a heavy duty neutral concealer on top of the correctors. It's cheap, so I'm not really disappointed. But if it were expensive, I'd rant like hell in this entry. I like the green one because it does a pretty o.k. job in concealing redness.

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Thanks for this review! I'm most interested with the green one coz I have some red areas here and there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never tried elf cosmetics before. i have sensitive skin and i'm not sure if the products are hypoallergenic or not. how's the product so far?

    thanks for sharing!
    http://thepinkmargarita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aya: no problem sis! Glad this helped you. :)

    pinkmargaritA: i think this is not hypoallergenic. better do a patch test first before purchasing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. I was actually wondering if this concealer palette worked. It looked pretty decent after foundation and powder. But you're right, this is best for people who doesn't need a lot of concealing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky: gaaahhh... I just really hate those nasty marks. But you're right. They're kinda decent. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhwhoa. Thanks for this review. I'm thinking of buying one too but after reading this, hmm I'll be looking for a better one. Thanks thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)