Review: Tony Moly Backstage Self Smoky Collection

Here's an initial review on Tony Moly Self Smoky Collection in 02

PRICE: 900+
PLACE BOUGHT: Tony Moly, SM Megamall
OTHER LOCATIONS: Tony Moly stalls and stores nationwide





THE VERDICT:

I've been a gel liner snob for quite sometime now. I thought I've found a happy ending with ELF's Gel Liner, but to my dismay, it turned rock solid after a month. It's only 129php, but still, it's money.

I've been meaning to try gel liner from big brands, but I feel that there's something great (and cheap) that's yet to be discovered.

Indeed I was right. Hello Tony Moly!

This beauty arsenal comes in this very obscure packaging. At least it's lightweight. It has three makeup items in it. As the name implies, it is your ultimate weapon in creating sultry smoky eyes anytime, anywhere.

Let's check out how the make-up items were cleverly packaged in this--erm--kit.


The slim, long protruding tip is not just there for style. It contains the eyeliner brush. It's perfectly tapered for achieving a perfect winged line, and sturdy enough to withstand any gel liners.




Here's the star of this kit. THE GEL LINER! Why? Because it's dayum waterproof, sweat- proof, and oil- proof. No kidding! Check out my Before and After shots later on in this post.


Moving on ladies!


If you tilt the tip of the kit, you'll see a compartment that houses two complimenting eyeshadow shades. Looks like they're baked, not fried (LOL!). The eyeshadows yield a good amount of shimmer to make your eyes standout. They're pretty pigmented too! Check out the small mirror embedded on the case. Told 'ya. It truly is a beauty weapon!




Everything you need to transform your look through your eyes is in this kit. It's the "Swiss Army Knife of the make-up world"!


Swatches of the marbled eyeshadows TOP: Taupe BOTTOM: Dark Brown


Here's a look I did using the baked eyeshadows. Included a pretty simple tutorial too!

You can also use just one eyeshadow shade. For daytime, you can swipe Taupe across your lids to highlight your peepers, and dab some of the Dark Brown shade on your creases later on in the evening.

THE BEAUTY JUNKEE'S TIP: You can also use the Dark Brown shade to line your lower lids if you do not like the strong look that the Black gel liner can give.


Here's a swatch pic of the gel liner. It has a mousse- like consistency to it. The mousse consistency allows you to erase any liner boo boo you create along the way. Make sure you gently swipe the boo boo with a q-tip right away because this baby dries quickly!


So here's the freshly applied gel liner. Take note that I did not put any eye primers prior to using this and I have very oily lids. I've only applied concealer and powder on my lids.


Dudettes, I am not kidding y'all. The eyeliner stayed put even without the help of an eye primer! It withstood my oily lids for eight freakin' hours! It's crazy! It's miraculous! I love it!

Overall, I love it. It's pretty steep for a gel- liner, but the price is pretty justifiable because you also get a mirror, an applicator, and 2 pretty eyeshadows from the kit!

BTW, the Self Smoky Collection comes in 3 shades.

Whaddaya think about it? Yay or Nay? :D Yayayayay for me! :D

Post a Comment

12 Comments

  1. it think its Yay! but I'm not ready to shell out 900 for an eyeliner pa e. I'm newbie with eyeliners and currently satisfied with elf liquid eyeliner. Never tried gel liners. Nahihirapan pa ako mg-lagay e kasi parang ang weird ng eyelids ko. hehehe. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh nice! Been looking for a good eyeliner. Will check this out :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. kath: i don't like the finish of liquid liners kasi. patent and dating. I highly recommend this. :D

    Aya: Looking forward to your review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. well,its a yay when it comes to the packaging and outcome but its a nay for its price:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. arra: true, but when you come to think of it, you get your money's worth because it comes with 3 more products, as compared to buying a single pot of gel liner from a high- end brand that would usually cost 1200php and up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. the colors of the eye shadows are amazing! ang ganda ng effect sa eyes kapag naka-apply na!
    eyeliner is also nice. ang linis pa tingnan. looks almost natural na nga. great product. yung eyeliner brush and gel eyeliner parang feather pen and ink bottle ensemble ano? hehehehe. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAYYYY!!!! i like TM's gel eyeliners too martha. :) i think they released new ones and i better try those too! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. athyna: super! :D the dark brown reminds me of MAC's Glamour Check! Eyeshadow. :D True with the feather pen and ink bottle thing. :D I use it to draw lines on faces sometimes. My mother used it in her halloween costume party. :D

    sugar: Really? Must check those out! thanks for the info! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. im so happy for you martha! now if only there's a tony moly store south of the metro!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yougogirl: hello and welcome to my blog! :D I think they'll open one soon. Just keep on visiting their fb fan page or my blog. :D Thanks! :D I highly recommend it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmmm... interesting... wish i would have the patience to apply make-up. maybe i'll put this on my new year's resolution list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. jakie: hello and welcome to my blog! nice name! :D hihi. You should try this. :D I've posted a tutorial on how to make the eyeshadows in this kit works. Hope it helps! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)