Benefit Confessions of A Concealaholic Review: The Diary of A Concealaholic

Here’s an initial review on Benefit Cosmetics Confessions Of A Concealaholic

PRICE: P2450.00
PLACE BOUGHT: I Love Deluxe
OTHER LOCATIONS: Online Resellers; Benefit, Greenbelt 5, Makati City


THE VERDICT:

Dear Diary,

I think I need help. I’ve developed such an insatiable desire for concealers. All I want to do is conceal, camouflage, and cover! I can’t get enough of concealers, I want to try every concealer there is, and my debit card is in grave danger. Could there be a cure? Help! I’m losing it!

Martha



Apparently, there is. Thanks to Confessions Of A Concealaholic. It’s a little concealer monster’s dream come true. It has all kinds of fakers for the entire face, under eyes, eyelids, and facial marks.




Comes with an instruction booklet!


If you’re the type who loves product sampling, you will love Benefit’s make-up sets. You’ll find a lot of miniatures of their mini best- sellers in various sets such as Project Flawless, I’m Glam, Therefore I am, Finding Mr. Bright, Big 10, Ticket To Glossytown, Brows A-Go-Go, and more. I know you’re with me when I say that sometimes, buying the full- size versions can be such a waste of money, most especially if it’s our first time to try a particular product/brand. Trying out Benefit’s mini products is a great way to see if their products will work for us or not.


Hygiene freaks like me, here’s good news. You don’t have to worry about dipping the same brush on a different product because the concealer palette comes with two double- ended brushes, and each brush end is intended for a particular product. So you won’t go wondering anymore why your Boi-Ing has suddenly become pink or peach. :p

Okay, let’s review each product thoroughly. Patience is a virtue, so bear with me.


THAT GAL BRIGHTENING FACE PRIMER


That Gal is a bubblegum- scented brightening face primer. It’s a creamy, pinkish primer that has a lightweight texture. It dries quickly upon blending, and leaves a nice pink glow on your skin. It’s for those days when your skin looks very dull and lifeless.


Swatch


However, this is something you shouldn't use if you want your primer to lock your make-up in place. Streaking, fading, and caking aren’t my problems whenever I’m using this one, because I make sure I’m using pretty good brands of concealer, foundation, blush, eyeshadow, and powder along with it.


ERASE PASTE


My most favorite item in the set. I’ve been contemplating on getting this one when I was about to ditch my Paul and Joe Concealer, but decided to go for Bobbi Brown’s Concealer Kit (which is equally a good buy too) at the last minute. It has a peach undertone that neutralizes dark circles. Indeed, it does erase dark circles!


Swatch


However, some gals might have a hard time making this concealer work because of its pasty consistency. Here’s a tip: It works best if you blend it using your fingers. Use the brush from the palette to hygienically apply some of it on your under eyes.

It stays put all day, most especially if you set it with a good kind of finisher. The shade included in the kit is #2, and methinks that it will work best even on medium skin tones. The only caveat of the product is the shade range. If I’m not mistaken, we only have 2 shades here: Fair and Medium. Also, the concealers have a heavy peach undertone. So if you like your concealers with a yellow base, Erase Paste won’t please you.


BOI-ING INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH CONCEALER


This one is more of a facial concealer than an under eye concealer. If you have grave dark circles, this might not work for you. But if you have mild under eye discolorations, and you don’t like Erase Paste’s thick consistency, this might work.

Boi-Ing has a harder texture than Erase Paste. In terms of consistency, this one’s more lightweight than the latter. Surprisingly, Boi-Ing yields a natural- looking finish in spite of its heavy coverage. That’s why I like using it on my post- acne marks. It also has light yellow undertones too.


The shades included in the kit are #1 and #2. However, I find #1 too light for me, that’s why I use #2 most of the time. However (again), I still apply #2 sparingly over my facial marks because I still find the shade kinda’ light for my skin tone. For very dark facial discolorations, I dab some of shade #1 on them, then finish it off with #2.


Without Boi-Ing


With Boi-Ing

WORK IT: Use the concealer brush to apply the concealer on your desired areas. Blend the concealer on to your skin by dabbing on it gently. Dab powder on it by using a powder or kabuki brush.

Staying power is good. This has a tendency to run off, especially on gals with oily skin. That’s why I make sure I retouch the areas with Boi-Ing with powder at least once or twice during wear.

EYE BRIGHT AND LEMON AID

Swatches

Without Lemon Aid


With Lemon Aid

Hurrah for people like me who don’t wear eyeshadows on a regular basis. As the name implies, Lemon Aid is a light yellow lid brightener that helps reduce redness and discolorations. It brightens up your peepers in a flash! Smooth this on your lids, set with powder, and kiss tired- looking eyes goodbye!

Eye Bright is actually a pencil, and the product came in pressed form in this palette. I think it would’ve been better if it came as a mini pencil. I’m having a hard time making this work because it’s not cooperating with the brush, not to mention the product application eats a lot of my preparation time.


When applied evenly, it gives your eyes a very refreshed look. It’s like a matte and more natural- looking version of teardrop liners. The pale pink shade draws attention to the eyes and defines its shape more. I think it will look more natural on ladies with fair skin tone. As for ladies with medium- dark skin tones, just apply a sheer amount on your inner lids and teardrop areas. Otherwise, it will look weird.

I used to hate palettes, but I’m sorta’ loving them now ‘cos of Benefit.

Palettes are also best for people like me, who love variety in their make-up kits. For only 2450php, you get to try out a lot of products, not to mention this palette will last you for a long time since you won’t need a lot per use. Instead of getting the regular sizes and paying for a fortune, Confessions Of A Concealaholic lets us enjoy every bit of Benefit’s best- sellers at an affordable price. If you need a lot of concealing, or if you just plainly love concealers, check this out!

Will I buy this again? I can't say because I have a loot of concealers in my stash. But a regular size of Erase Paste is definitely in my wish list!

**I Love Deluxe is an online retailing store that carries a lot of products, from cheap to high- end ones. ILD also carries brands such as Sleek, Mememe, and Models Own. Don’t forget to visit I Love Deluxe HERE!

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. i like! ♥ glad you're in love with concealaholic. you're definitely one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the review martha! :) I must have the erase paste - i really need one since I have crazy eyebags. I do hope though that this kind of palettes can be customized so all of the items would suit my skin color :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks... been waiting for this! :)

    April

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this one too!! and so far I'm loving it...we are certified conceaholic now...lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. apol: thanks dear! :D

    janet: cool, no? Yeah! certified concealer lover! I still have 3 in my make-up stash! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)