When I want to look younger: Inglot YSM Foundation Review

Here's a review on Inglot YSM Foundation

PRICE: Around P1500.00 (if converted to Philippine Peso)
PLACE BOUGHT: Inglot, Dubai Mall
OTHER LOCATIONS: Please refer to Inglot Online


THE VERDICT:

So what's with the title? Why do I use this if I want to sport the skin I had when I was 13 years old? (lol). Kidding aside, yes, it's meant to make skin look 'younger' because YSM stands for Young Skin Makeup. It's one of the most popular face products of Inglot.



The shade I got is 41, which is comparable to MAC's NC40. However, I find it a tad light for me, but it's forgivable. I just use a shade matching powder to even this out and make it look outstanding in pictures. But even if the shade's kinda' light for me, it does not look too off, nor does it yield a white cast in pictures. It is because this particular shade (I don't know if it's the same with YSM's other shades though) has a good mix of olive and yellow undertones. It matches my undertone, and the olive in it makes the foundation somewhat turn beige/brown on my skin. Thank goodness it does not have hints of pink undertones at all.


How does it make your skin look 'young'? It's like this: YSM foundation yields a medium coverage that practically evens out your skin tone and covers skin bumps. I found out that it can conceal minor skin marks too. But if you have severely discolored marks, you will need a concealer underneath this foundation.

Consistency is pretty thick, yet it can be smeared easily. It has a light floral scent. I like using my fingers or a foundation brush when applying this one. And the great thing about this is, it dries to a matte finish! I still set it with powder though to seal the foundation on my skin. My oilies were kept at bay for a good 5 hours, or even more. Sorry I can't remember the exact number of hours, but one thing's for sure: it kept me shine- free for a long time.

The tube is pretty small though. But don't let its size fool you, because this tube will last you for a long time. You will only need a little amount to cover your entire face! I'm good with around two layers, and that's like 2- 3 pearl- sized drops.


Check out my skin in this photo. The foundation significantly changed my skin texture, yet it made my skin project through all that gunk. It does not look fake and cake-y even in person! Can you tell I'm wearing foundation here? It's so nice because it's so undetectable in pictures, even up- close!

One more thing, Inglot's products are not tested on animals. So no fluffy bunnies or cute hamsters were harmed during the manufacturing of their products. :)

I want more Inglot! If I have the chance to visit their store or order from anyone who sells it, I'll get my right shade from this line, and their AMC Foundation!

Post a Comment

11 Comments

  1. this one's perfect for oily skin ayt?i have oily skin and im not really happy with the one im using right now coz it tends to crease and its like it makes my face even oilier afterwards..but they dont have stores here..:( but thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So flawless! :) May glow yung skin mo na natural ang dating

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inglot, oh another product na ngayun lang nadinig. YSM, i wanna look young too, kaya lang mag 14 na eldest baka isipin mag kapatid lang kame when I use that . hehe. what is the price of that 30ml bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the foundation shade you used perfectly match the color of your skin based on the photo included in this post.

    Inglot is pricey but its an excellent product. I've heard great reviews about it. If only I can afford it, I won't have second thought of buying Inglot products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. alpha: yes, it is. :) I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping that they will open here soon! :D

    kath: yup! young skin makeup! lol!

    magz13: it's quite popular in the U.S. though, and I think it's starting to become familiar here. I like unknown brands. I tend to find a lot of favorites in unknown brands eh. :)

    aidisan: true! I think in the US, Inglot is more affordable than MAC. :D Although I can't say if it's already brought here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there Sweet 16!

    I've waited for this review :)! I found it cute when i've read your post last year po, "Inglot". cute talaga. hehe
    Anyway, definitely true! I even zoomed your picture Ms.Martha, and it is indeed, a very good foundation! Makes you look fresh,without the shiny look! I have very oily skin that's why I love how it gives you the matte look! Kaya lang, from Dubai nga pala ito, titignan ko nalang ang picture mo Ms.Martha para kunwari nakagamit na din ako.

    ReplyDelete
  7. indeed it makes your skin so baby flawless!! loving it!! I saw an iglot branch last month when I visit KL, I should have gotten this! thanks for sharing..=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. To be honest, just heard about this product now. I'm using one with SPF and whitening at the same time. I've got sensitive skin that's why I want to find a perfect product for my face. I'll do my research now, perhaps this one is better for my skin. Thanks for introducing this to me. =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet: sayang! If you go there again, then you know what to get. teehee. :)

    tala: this one's great for oily skin though. dunno if it's okay for people with sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. tnx for ur feedback, might as well do an thorough research first about the product. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, cool! the name is kinda new to me.. hehe.. It's like some sort of a BB cream from my point of view.. I think they have the same effect..

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)