MY BROWHAUS EXPERIENCE: Hello, Threading.We meet again


When I was 16, I had my brows threaded for the first time. Wish I have a pic with me right now of how my brows looked like 7 years ago. Since I don't have any, I'll just describe how it looked to the best of my abilities: It's a hot mess. Its width is too wide, and I didn't have an arch. There were a lot of stray hair from the lower forehead up to the middle part of my lids, and I almost looked like a guy. As early as this age, I was already so conscious of my brows' appearance. So one fateful day, I had it threaded in a salon. The process? PAINFUL. My aesthetician used a thread meant for sewing clothes, and it felt like my skin was being cut through the whole process. I could hear hair snapping, and it felt like my skin was being cut! It was so agonizing! But I held on and pulled through in high hopes that all the pain I had to go through is well worth it.

And the result? DISASTER. My brows were too thin, and I looked 10 years older. Pardon the term, but a gay aesthetician threaded my brows. It was fine, until I realized after the session that he patterned my brows after his. I exclaimed "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BROWS!?!?" He was probably troubled by my reaction, so he just blurted out: "USO YAN NGAYON!"

So I had to go through all that pain just to be disappointed and penniless in the end. After that session, I vowed never to have my brows threaded again for the rest of my life.


It was God who probably brought me here in Browhaus to encounter brow threading once again. Maybe he thought that I have to clear myself of this fear so I could become a better Beauty Blogger, the one who's able to give an honest opinion about a particular beauty treatment to anyone.

My second encounter happened this morning at the Browhaus event. I shall post about the event specifics soon, but let me share how my second encounter went.


Tab Abad, Creative Director for Strip and Browhaus Manila led me to one of the salon's private cubicles for a complimentary brow grooming before the event commenced. I asked how they're gonna do it, and the Brow Architect (aka aesthetician) showed me a roll of thread.

Horror music and evil laugh sfx fading in

OMG. THAT. THREAD. I was semi- panicking, but I tried my best not to show it. All of a sudden, the agonizing memory of my first- ever threading ordeal flashed into my mind! I asked the brow architect if they have other means of brow grooming, but they said they only use threads. I stood frozen in my spot, seemingly calm and cool. But in my mind, I was shrilling with my hands up in the air and heading towards the nearest exit of the salon.

But resistance was futile. I walked slowly to the torture seat, laid my back gently, and watched as the brow architect swirled thread on her hands.


So this is how my left brow looked like before the session.


With my eyes closed, I uttered a silent prayer to God. LOL! Seriously, I was really afraid.

BUT LO AND BEHOLD. THE PAIN WAS FRIKKIN' TOLERABLE, AND THE PROCESS WAS PRETTY FAST. I HAVE SURVIVED MY ORDEAL!

How was that possible? It's because Brow Threading at Browhaus is firmly grounded in science. The process and products went through painstaking research, and the architects have undergone tremendous training before they were sent out to the salon to groom brows.

Let's break down this science:

THREAD- The thread used in Browhaus is patented and only exclusive to Browhaus salons all over the world. The thread used for brow grooming is really meant for facial threading because its material is softer than sewing threads.

PREPARATION- The brow area will be cleansed, and powder will be dusted on the brows for easier plucking. After the session, a cooling and soothing cream called ICE CREAM will be slathered on your brow area to calm your skin and prevent redness.

FACE MAPPING- The brow architects will never pattern your brows after anyone else, except your face shape. The secret to a well- proportioned face is having perfectly- shaped beauty arches. You may opt for a little tweak like having a sharper or rounder end, but the brow aestheticians will still tell you what brow shape suits you best. Don't argue because they know what they're doing. Take it from Hollywood Actress Denise Richards: "I thinned them out real thin once and it just didn't look like me. I know it was in style to have really thin eyebrows, but it didn't look right on my face." Unless you're a brow expert, don't argue.





Check out my neat left brow! (from your perspective) It looked cleaner, and the shape really suits my face. My brow architect, Ms. Fe, didn't groom my right brow (from your perspective) that much because she wanted the hair to grow so it would look like my left brow, which according to her, has the nicest shape.

Although pain still varies depending on an individual's pain threshold. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest), I give it a 6 because it was my first time after a long time. But I didn't cry, nor asked the brow architect to halt the session. There is minimal pain, but I assure everyone that it's very tolerable. If you have sensitive skin, you must advise your brow architects before your session.


I am madly in love with brow powders, and I'm very interested in Browhaus' brow powders. It's pretty costly at P2,150.00, but I'm seriously considering purchasing. The kit is inclusive of 3 pans: 2 for defining brows and an eyeshadow, a mini slanted tweezer, and an angled brow brush. Not bad, eh?


My brand spankin' brows. Thanks to Browhaus for this very nice experience, especially for making me realize that brow threading doesn't have to be a torture!

*Classic Threading costs P580.00. Browhaus is located in Serendra, The Fort, Taguig City and Greenbelt 5, Makati City

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. Was suppose to go to the event kanina but I had an emergency shoot at work. But I already had my brows threaded 2 weeks ago from Browhaus Greenbelt and it was different from my previous threading experiences. The pain was more tolerable and my brows look so artistahin. Hehehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganda ng brows! Polished talaga tignan pag maayos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your 'Brows Story' Ms.Martha. Things are different talaga when we we're still young. hehe I used to have thin eyebrows din the time na plinucked ng cousin ko ang eyebrows ko for the first time, nagmukha akong maldita sa sobrang nipis! YAY! hehe
    Moving on, I AGREE! Your brow look so nice and well polished. You know the feeling when you have those newly groom brows, it feels like you're face looks so blooming. masarap pating i-fill ng liner or powder. Now I know kung ano yung feeling ng threading. hehe ramdam ko sa post ninyong ito. hehehe Pero it's worth it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried threading... You look so pretty Martha! especially with your newly groomed brows :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. same here never have brow threading and as I am reading this I envy you and will have a sked for brow threading para maging artistahin nadin ako gaya ni gel hahahaha :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. ganda ng brows! i tried threading once. i cried a bit, but didnt ask the guy to stop, because anyways, it was over in a bit :)


    havent had it again though. will do soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! We had the same experience! I was probably in my 2nd year in college when I first experienced threading at a local beauty salon where my mom frequents. It hurt like hell!! And my eyebrows were so nipis that made me look older! What's worse is that I didn't know yet the rule to not wet the threaded areas within 4 hrs. :(

    Oh well, those were the days.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)