Review: Avon Ideal Luminous Concealer Stick


Here's a review on Avon Ideal Luminous Concealer Stick in F201

PRICE: P280.00
PLACE BOUGHT: From an Avon Representative
OTHER LOCATIONS: Please refer to Avon on Facebook or contact an Avon dealer


THE VERDICT:

The scorching hot weather made me want to wear minimal makeup lately. Sometimes, I just stay at home so I wouldn't have to wear makeup at all! My foundation products, no matter how lightweight and undetectable they are, still feel 'hot' on the skin. Yes people, it's THAT HOT in our country. :p

This weather made me look for 'lightweight' beauty products in the market: From Concealers to perfumes. And I've found a good one for the under eyes from Avon.

The Ideal Luminous line boasts of the Invisiblend Technology, a makeup innovation by Avon that promises industrious, yet undetectable and lightweight coverage.

F201 is a midtone beige shade with yellow undertones and a hint of pink. Texture is creamy at first, then it becomes somewhat powdery when blended onto skin. It has no fragrance at all.



Here's my bare under eye


With Avon's Ideal Luminous Concealer. It blends easily and settles quickly. However, if not blended evenly and properly, it can emphasize dry patches around the eyes. Staying power is pretty good, considering it's a very affordable product. Its lightweight texture prevents the product from creasing and fading in spite of our frakkin' hot weather. It's like a cheaper version of Koh Gen Do's concealer in terms of texture and feel. But Koh Gen Do's is almost chemical- free, and comes in a variety of colors that you can mix and match to find your perfect shade. However, this product cannot cover major blemishes and post- acne marks because it only yields medium coverage.

Another great thing is that the product comes in Filipina- friendly shades. If I'm not mistaken, we have three or four shades available locally. I use this whenever I have to go out on hours when the sun is pretty cruel. Overall, I like it. It's affordable and great. I alternate this with my expensive concealers so I won't be able to use up the expensive ones quickly. :)

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. I also use Avon concealer. I love the fact that it conceals thoroughly the dark circles around my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know na ang products from Avon are getting better and better! I should have give it a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally agree!!! sobrang init that i want to sleep in the office kasi i don't have an ac in my apartment. the init makes my face so oily!
    ms martha, di ba sobrang puti?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need some concealer for the dark circles around my eyes. this one is a must-try for me ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine DacanayMay 3, 2012 at 9:55 PM

    Wah now I'm torn between Fanny Serrano's and Avon! I don't know which of the two fairs better judging from your review and your pic, Avon's surprisingly good! Ahaha when I was young kasi, Avon's makeup products are kinda cakey eeh.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)