Review: Benefit Sun Beam


Here's a review on Benefit Sun Beam Face Highlighter

PRICE: P1,400.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Benefit Cosmetics GB 5; Rustan's Edsa Shangri-La Mall, Ortigas, Mandaluyong City


THE VERDICT:

I have always believed that Watts Up! is the best highlighter I've ever tried, until I met Sun Beam. Watts Up! still has a special place in my heart, but a morena gal like me has found a best friend in Sun Beam.


Ingredients



Sun Beam has trumped Watts Up! in my 'Go-to highlighter list'. Why? Because it is so morena skin- friendly! It's liquid sunshine-y happiness in a bottle that instantly enhances my tan and gives me a very, very natural glow. I love using this during daytime because it reflects so well in natural lighting.

Sun Beam is a beige-bronze shade with a generous dose of gold glimmer. Its consistency is comparable to Cha Cha Tint and Posie Tint. It blends like a dream and dries up quickly. Staying power is awesome too.


I apply Sun Beam on these parts for a Golden Summer Glow. A little goes a long way because this highlighter is very pigmented!


Told 'ya! It's the perfect companion for medium, tan, and dark skin! :D


Isn't it obvious!? I'm so happy for having Sun Beam in my life! :D

But I wouldn't put Watts Up! away because I still love it. During night time, I use Watts Up! because Sun Beam doesn't show up well in dim lighting. Watts Up! is best for gals with fair skin tone, while Sun Beam looks great on medium, tan, and dark skin tones. If you have dry skin, you may opt for Watts Up! because it has a moisturizing texture. For gals with oily skin like me, Sun Beam is great for you because it stays put all day.

TIP: If you want to use Sun Beam as a highlighter during night events and occasions, apply two to three layers so it would show up no matter how dim the lighting is.

Post a Comment

16 Comments

  1. wow!! ang ganda ng effect sayo martha!! as in.. ganda

    ReplyDelete
  2. wa nagglow. actually di ako naniniwala sa mga pinapanghighlight, something nagshishimmer.pero ganiyan pala effect. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. donna: thanks dear! :D

    arra: now you know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, what mas ok pang blend ng liquid highlighter like this one?fingers or need pa ng brush?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so...beautiful! I am partial to golden highlighters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kath: fingers dear. :D

    aviva: super! you should try this since you love gold highlighters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow.. just perfect for your skin hun.. havent tried any golden highlighters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you apply it after blush on? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ay, ang pretty! it's really perfect for tanned skin ladies like me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ang ganda ganda! I love the fact that it looks so glowing on morena skin, perfect dewy look without the oiliness. PERFECT talaga! If only I can afford this one, bibili talaga ko.

    ReplyDelete
  11. jenny, chain, and issa: thanks dearies! :D

    blogchef: yes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christine DacanayMay 7, 2012 at 7:56 AM

    Gorgeous!
    It's kinda annoying how most morena girls that I've met are pretty determined to get "fairer" when they've got a very sexy shade! I think the problem is that they do not give enough attention to their skin. Deep moisturizing, exfoliating..using the right shade of foundation, blushers and etc. Glowing morena skin is at par with pinkish white skin ah=))

    ReplyDelete
  13. so.. high beam is for fair skinned individuals and sun beam is for tanned gals... May I know w/c one is more suited for NC 25 - 30 skin tone :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. b: yes! high beam and moon beam are good for fair skinned ladies. high beam, sunbeam, or watts up! if you need more color. :D

    christine: thanks dear! It's based on preference, I guess. But me? I am so in love with my skin color. If I have the choice, I'd like to go darker! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. b: high beam, moon beam or watts up! if you want a bit of color. :D

    christine: thanks dear! it's based on preference, I guess. as for me, i love my skin color! I f i have the choice, i'd love to go darker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I love the effect on you! do you mind sharing your foundation routine(in this post)? It looks flawless!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)