It Pays to be Kind: Nanny Rose Mild Like Chamomile After Wax Salve Review



Here's a review on Nanny Rose Mild Like Chamomile After Wax Salve

PRICE: P139.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in all Watsons stores nationwide


THE VERDICT:

I just realized how important it is to be kind to your skin-- especially after a waxing treatment. Every month, I do Brazilian at Strip Manila, and I always neglect their post- wax care advice.

Two months ago, I had a Brazilian. And sometime around the same month, while I was in the shower, I felt something painful and sore on my intimate area. Turned out it was a pore inflammation caused by ingrown hair. It was sort of like a pimple, and it's painful and irritating. After I got rid of that, I vowed to follow post wax care instructions religiously for the rest of my life.

Amanda was kind enough to send me a sample of Nanny Rose's After Wax Salve, a gentle balm with moisturizing ingredients that relieves waxed skin.





It comes in a reusable tin can. I love the fact that Nanny Rose's products have a luxurious feel to them. The product looks expensive, don't you agree?


Mild Like Chamomile has Shea Butter to moisturize skin and prevent dead skin cell build- up, and Chamomile extracts to calm redness and soothe painful skin. After having my monthly Brazilian, I slather this on my vajay when I get home. It provides a protective and moisturizing barrier that works really well. It is lightly scented, emollient, and imparts a 'cool' sensation when applied on skin. However, product takes time to dry. I apply three layers, with intervals in between each layer.

You can use this on any part of your body that needs some tender lovin' after waxing. But I wouldn't recommend this as something to relieve your skin from rashes and itchiness. These are skin conditions, and you may need a medicated topical treatment to heal them. Please don't use it in any way apart from its intended use.


Nanny Rose has a Waxer's Starter Kit including this and their Sticks and Pulls wax. I didn't have a smashing experience with the wax, so I wouldn't recommend it. Others bloggers loved it though. The verdict is entirely up to you. But if you want a cheap and effective after wax balm, I recommend Mild Like Chamomile. :)

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. i am really not brave enough to try out a Brazilian treatment & stories like yours, like experiencing a pore inflammation threatens me more. i am even scared upon hearing procedures on how it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have same opinion with Ms. Ruth..Im too afraid for wax..But thanks anyway for sharing your experience.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two weeks ago, I had my first brazilian wax. It's worth the pain. I will definitely buy the after wax salve. Thanks Ms Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup..packaging made it looks a high-end brand.. ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)