Review: Dove Nourishing Oil Care Nutri-Oil Serum


Here's a review on Dove Nourishing Oil Care Nutri-Oil Serum

PRICE: P239.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Mercury Drug, Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
OTHER LOCATIONS: In all supermarkets, drugstores, and malls nationwide


THE VERDICT:

I've been trying to revive my hair for the past few months, and Dove's Nutri-Oil Serum has been one of my sole companions. Instead of using this as a daytime serum, (which is its intended use) I use it as an overnight repair.


Click READ MORE to know more about it!



Dove's serum is infused with a non-greasy blend of natural Almond and Coconut oils. It has a fragrant floral smell, which is uniform with Dove's Intensive Repair shampoo. Its consistency is semi- thick, but it magically vanishes on your hair strands a few minutes after application. However, if you put a lot, your hair will still look and feel greasy. I have long hair, and 5 pumps would usually suffice. If you're planning to use this during daytime, apply gradually and in small amounts. I go overboard with the amount because I only use it during night time anyway.


What exactly do hair serums do to your hair? They're usually in oil form, and are meant to restore shine temporarily and in the long run. Hair Serums come to your rescue if you have damaged hair due to styling and coloring. It tames down frizz and fly aways by coating your hair strands, and prevents breakage by making your hair smooth and manageable.


Here's the serum on my hair. Indeed, it made my hair look shinier and healthier. It dries up quickly, especially if you don't put a lot. I've used this religiously for 2 months, and my hair now looks thicker and healthier. I still battle frizz and fly aways on a daily basis, but I am already at the winning end. :)

Overall, it's good stuff. I recommend it because it works, and it's affordable.

CONCERNS:

Dry Scalp- will work best on you since your scalp needs some oily lovin'. Apply from your scalp to your hair ends. Reapply during the day when needed. Style as usual.

Oily Scalp- a dollop size will suffice. Don't put some on your scalp since its natural oil will do the moisturizing for you. Apply from the middle part of your hair to the roots. Style as usual.

TIP: Take a few drops, rub it between your palms then comb through your hair. This technique helps you dispense the serum evenly onto your hair.

How about you? Have you tried Dove's Nutri- Oil Serum? Like it or leave it? Share! :D

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this. Been too busy with my skin care and forgot to take care of my tresses oh my! I'm gonna try this haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Ms. Martha. I've been scouting for a treatment that would combat my frizzy hair. :( Will try this one. :) Thanks and more power.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must try this because of your review! :) I really love dove products ever since the shampoos came out to market.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Martha, hindi ba nakaka-oily ng hair to?I really need to get back on track after what happened on me. Yung hair ko ngdry, yng skin ko ganun din. I hope this product will work for me. Nagkaron ulit ako ng hairfall. Mabuti na lang nakakabasa ulit ako ng mga post mo and I'm sure na may maganda akong makikita kasi your entries are interesting and useful lalo na sa condition ko na I need to recover not only for my body but sa skin care needs ko. Thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried this product! I have very dry hair too... thanks for the review...

    ReplyDelete
  6. kath: no, if you don't put a lot. :D

    issa: go dear! lemme know how it works for ya. :D

    pepay: thanks! :D

    going buletlet: hello and welcome to tbj! you'll love it. :D

    cintamuni: hey there! hope it work for ya! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Martha, that's nice to know. Kaso, my problem naman is that mabilis magkasplit ends ang buhok ko. What products do you think shoould I try? I currently use Dove (the ones in white and blue).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought this earlier today. I really hope it'll help me combat my dry and frizzy hair, which sometimes leads to low self confidence.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)