Review: L'Oreal True Match Blush in Honey


Here's a review on L'oreal True Match Blush in Honey

PRICE: P995.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: All L'oreal Counters in department stores nationwide


THE VERDICT:

Is anybody here a user of L'oreal's makeup products? What are your favorites and what do you recommend? I've known the brand for so long, but the only thing I use from them is their mascara. But through this blush, I'm now interested to check out the rest of their products, especially their pressed powders.

Let me recommend something nice first: It's this tan/morena skintone- flattering blush shade called Honey. I like it a lot because it acts like a blush and contouring powder at the same time! Please click READ MORE to read the rest of my thoughts.


Let's scrutinize the case first. It feels flimsy, and doesn't look sturdy, but it's nice to know that it has an embedded mirror and a separate compartment for the blush brush.



Let's now go to the blush brush. I like its shape: its tapered body is great for contouring, and the rounded tip makes it great for applying blush evenly onto your cheeks. However, this is VERY SCRATCHY! My cheeks ended up itchy and reddish when I've used this, so I'm not using it anymore. It's fine because I have softer blush brushes in my stash anyway.


Honey is beige-peach matte shade that looks so fine on morena skintones. This is a keeper because it is the only shade that matches my deep and vampy red lipsticks. (I have a lot)


So why is the product called TRUE MATCH? For one, it appears so natural on your skin, even if you apply it with minimal effort. Second, it has build-able coverage-- you won't end up applying too much even if you pile it on. Lastly, the colors are made to mimic the skin's natural flush and contours.

Honey is such a versatile shade. I'm so glad I got it from the selections. When used as a contouring powder, it doesn't look too ashy on skin, and doesn't give a jagged contour. When used as a blush, it gives a nice hint of peach for a warm and subtle glow---it's never overpowering and most importantly, it looks very, very natural.

Will I buy it again? Hmmm...Probably not. Surprised to read that in spite of my positive review? Well, it's great, but I really consider packaging when it comes to buying products. I mean, for its price? It's already way too expensive for a drugstore blush brand, so it really wouldn't hurt to improve the packaging. Maybe if they make the packaging feel a bit sturdier and black, I'd buy one again. But if you're not nitpicky like me, (Hope you're not because I really hate my being nitpicky!) this product is wonderful, so I recommend it.

Post a Comment

12 Comments

  1. while looking at the pan I was thinking it would look darker on you, but you're it really blends well on your skin tone.. looks more natural :)

    amerahassana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree.. it's really quite expensive. you can still use other brand, and get the same result at a lower price.

    http://khyutee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blushes with this color too:) Btw, you're so gorgeous in person ah, and the one thing that struck me most is your wll-defined brows. now I'm inspired to trim my brows and use brow pens na haha! Thanks again. Will blog about our meetup soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mera: true! thanks for visiting dear! :D

    Chan: hey there! :D haha. told ya guys. I love my brows! :D Just let me know by tagging my fan page or twitter account. thanks! enjoy your loot! :)

    Khyutee: thanks for sharing! the blush is nice, but then again, it's too expensive for a drugstore brand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only tried their toner before. Di ako hiyang. But the makeups, interested din ako sa pressed powder but I don't know why hindi ko din masyado pinapansin. It looks natural and I like the glow it gives your cheek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the blue polish po, what shade po yan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a nice shade - i prefer this color rather than the pinkish ones. :) fully agree with you that this one is quite expensive. but still, it has the nice color. love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ms. Martha.. Looking forward for the pressed powder reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sa lahat ng makeup collection.. blush on ang pinaka gusto ko..

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shade looks lovely but I agree with the packaging. The more affordable cosmetics have better design and durability!

    ReplyDelete
  11. anonymous: hello dear! It's from Dashing Diva. Shade is Box Office, I think? :)

    peachy pink sisters: thanks dear! You're right, they should at least match the packaging with the price.

    rochelle: one of my top 5 makeup products :)

    lechique: will let you know once it's up! :D

    kath: thanks for sharing dear! :D

    ica: thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this statement of yours, "the colors are made to mimic the skin's natural flush and contours". I also have many blushes; most are given and some, I bought them only to find out that they do not really compliment my skin tone since I am morena. Even if it's pricey, if it will compliment my skin beautifully, I would still go for it ;) Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)