Review: Shu Uemura Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil


Here's a review on Shu Uemura Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil 450ml

PRICE: P4,000.00+
PLACE BOUGHT: Shu Uemura, Powerplant Mall, Rockwell
OTHER LOCATIONS: Shu Uemura Alabang Town Center; Rustan's Shangri-La Mall, Ortigas City; Rustan's, Makati City


THE VERDICT:

When I was a newbie to beauty, I would always tell my readers and some random people who ask random skin care advice to always look for cheaper alternatives because I used to believe that there will always be a cheaper alternative that could give every expensive brand a run for their money.

After three years of being in the industry and exploring the beautiful world of cosmetics, I have come to realize that one should not skimp on skin care, beautiful skin is an investment, and expensive skin care products are not expensive for nothing. So if you're going to ask me now, I will tell you to invest in great skin care products, particularly the pricey ones, because I can attest that they are effective, and have superior quality. Remember, a sound skin regimen equals beautiful skin. Mr. Shu Uemura said it himself:

"Beautiful makeup starts with beautiful skin"

Speaking of great skin care products, Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oils are considered as some of the world's finest, well- loved, and most- effective facial cleansers. FYI, A bottle of Shu Uemura's cleansing oils gets sold in the world every 15 seconds! *gasps*

I am not a newbie to these legendary cleansing oils. I have tried the High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil sometime around two years ago, and I wish I knew better then. I was turned off by the price, and I have advised my readers that it's not worth buying because there are a lot of cheap cleansing oils in the market that work just as fine.

In all honesty, if you're just looking for a makeup remover, I could recommend a lot of cheap brands in the market. But the benefits you get from Shu Uemura's cleansing oils are what you're truly paying for. I have already tried a lot of cheap cleansing oils but they just work, they don't deliver. (There's a difference between the two) And since your aim is to have great skin with the help of skin care products, might as well buy something that will live up to its promise.

Click READ MORE to know more about the product.



What I like about Shu Uemura's cleansing oils is the packaging. You have to admit, this Limited Edition Mamechiyo bottle is something you'd be proud to flaunt on your dresser.

I also love the pump dispenser because it's hygienic, easy to use, and lets you take the right amount of product. The pump has a close-open option as well to prevent it from spouting oil in case you accidentally press on it. Oh, non- retractable pump dispensers are so yesterday!


The Fresh Pore Clarifying Gentle Cleansing Oil is formulated for acne- prone skin. It also frees pores from deep- seated dirt, takes away excess sebum, and minimizes enlarged pores for a smoother skin surface. Here's a detailed look at its key ingredients:

Salicylic Acid- extracted from the Willow Bark tree; helps get rid of acne; cleans up pores
Sakura Extract (Prunus Yedoensis)- known to prevent contact skin dermatitis; anti- inflammatory
Jojoba extract (Simmondsia Chinensis)- excellent skin moisturizer; resembles the skin's natural sebum; anti-microbial
Safflower Extract (Carthamus Tinctorius)- anti-oxidant; anti-microbial
Sour Cherry Extract (Prunus Cerasus)- also known as Red Cherry; anti-microbial


I also encourage everyone to take advantage of Shu Uemura's limited edition cleansing oils. Why? Apart from the beautiful bottles, each cleansing oil also has an added boost, depending on the mood and concept of the collection. For example, the Mamechiyo Cleansing Oil collection is empowered with Botan, Sakura, Wisteria, Plum Blossom, and Peony floral extracts, and these extracts are not present in the regular variants. But the regular cleansing oils work just as effectively too.

This cleansing oil has a gentle floral scent, similar to Cherry Blossom. It's incredibly lightweight, does not sting in spite of the Salicylic Acid content, and takes away waterproof makeup in a snap. When I let it sit on my skin for a few minutes before taking it off, I could literally see my makeup coming off from my skin! In my two months of usage, I have noticed that it has helped my skin heal quickly from zits, and made my pores less noticeable. But of course, I still use other skin care products, so I couldn't really say that it's a cure for acne and enlarged pores. The cleansing oil only serves as a boost in my skin care regimen.


HOW TO USE SHU UEMURA'S CLEANSING OILS:

1. Apply on dry face. Let it sit for 3 minutes to allow makeup to melt.
2. Wet face with warm water and start washing your face in a gentle and circular motion for 2 minutes. When you mix water with the cleansing oil, its consistency becomes milky. Don't apply too much water so as not to completely wash the oil off from your skin.
3. Rinse off with warm water and pat face dry with a clean towel.

However...

I still recommend that you wash your face with facial foam and water. Some say that it's enough to use Shu's cleansing oil because it turns into a creamy cleanser when you add water to it, but nothing beats good ol' soap and water cleansing for me. I only use this as a regular makeup remover.

There are other Shu Uemura Cleansing oil variants that will suit any of your skin concern, so please visit any of Shu Uemura's counters and have an SA assist you. If you're hesitant to purchase the biggest bottle, get the 150ml bottles instead.

I have finally understood why Shu Uemura's cleansing oils are some of the world's most- trusted skin care products, and I'd like to take back what I have said regarding this as being overpriced and overrated. To use is to believe! :D

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. I want to try that product in the near future! crossed finger! Have to work hard kung gustong gumanda.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you choose quality over quantity, I really admire your confidence po and poise, random question po, do you still sell longchamps? and have you tried clarisonic po?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have this product ms.martha...it soothes my skin so well.tnx for posing this article, i really appreciate it more.^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for blogging about this ms. martha.. I've been battling in my skin this past few days..

    ReplyDelete
  5. purpleclandestine: hello there and welcome to my blog! :D Yes, just like you, I'm in love with it too! :D

    Don: great choice! :)

    rochelle: please drop by shu uemura so the SAs can recommend which is the right cleansing oil for you. :)

    anonymous: thank you for the nice wordsand welcome to my page! :) nope, haven't tried clarisonic pa. I still have to digest its price. haha! longchamps, i've stopped selling na. I'm venturing into a new business eh. :)

    lechique: haha. go dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Martha! I know this is a super late comment, haha. But you mentioned that you use this cleansing oil as a normal make-up remover? Do you think it's okay not to remove it using warm water?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bien: Hi there and sorry for the dated reply too! I think it's not necessary that you remove it with warm water--I use warm or cold water with it and it works just fine. But personally, I think you should still wash your face with facial soap and water to ensure that you've gotten rid of any trace of facial dirt completely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No worries, and thanks for replying! I've been using it, and I use cold tap water to rinse it, together with my facial wash. After washing my face, I can feel that my skin is more supple and soft to the touch! Too bad I didn't try it out sooner, so I also try their limited edition cleansing oils. Thank you again for replying! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)