5 Ways To Shine In Your Career
Somebody told me before that I should be a makeup artist because I’m a Beauty Blogger anyway; it’s as if both professions come hand in hand. I’ve thought about doing it before, but I really don’t have the patience to put makeup on other people. I also thought that if I become a makeup artist now, I’d be back to square one so I decided to stick with being a beauty product guru instead; Makeup Artists will teach you the techniques and I’ll be the one to tell you the best products to use the techniques on. It was the best decision because I shone in this field; I’m a natural story- teller and every product review is an opportunity to tell a story for me.
I’ve thought about this lately because I’ve been using Colgate’s new Optic White Plus Shine Toothpaste and participating in their #ShiningSelfie campaign; the campaign has a nice concept because it’s all about positivity and uplifting each other by sharing each other’s shining moments.
Speaking of shining moments, I’d like to share with you 5 simple but effective ways to shine in whatever career you’re in. How do I know they’re effective? Because they worked for me. Click READ MORE for that, plus find out how you can partake in Colgate’s #ShiningSelfie contest and win Colgate gift packs, and a sparty and magazine feature with Solenn Heussaff!
- Hard work will get you somewhere, but making connections will take you there faster so try to get to know the people within your circle and open yourself up to meeting new ones outside of it. The most successful people in the world know that leverage is one of the best ways to success. Whenever I go to events, I make it a point to introduce myself to at least one random person whom I’ve never met before to grow my network.
2. Have A Signature Look
- I went to a life coaching seminar before and one of the principles taught that stuck with me is the “Peacock Effect.” Peacock Effect is about wearing something that makes you stand out. It could be red lips, a signature scent, or wearing all black. A signature look lets people associate you with things, therefore they remember you and things about you better. In my case, red is my signature lip color.
3. Never Stop Learning
- You can never be too learned to learn something new. This is what I always tell myself. Innovation is how you sustain success so go ahead, learn a new way of doing things or read up on new trends and apply what you’ve learned to your work. Put yourself in a very important position as the innovator and chances are, you could be noticed for it!
4. Add Value To What You Do—Always!
- They say that no one is indispensable in the corporate world or whatever career, but at least you can make it hard for people to replace you. How do you make this happen? Put value into whatever you do. My blog is known for quality content-my readers come back for it and brands tap me for the same thing as well that’s why it is still around after all these years.
5. Stay Humble
- This is one valuable lesson that I learned from my mother. Wherever life takes you, always stay humble. Because humble people are loved, therefore they have better opportunities. Opportunities aside, everyone will still choose a humble person over a braggart!
BONUS: What’s another way to shine in whatever career you’re in? Smile all the time! It seems funny, but it’s a great advice! People love a person who smiles a lot because a smile uplifts and instantly changes any gloomy, dull atmosphere. So whenever there’s an opportunity, give out a happy smile. People will remember you for your smile and sunny attitude, therefore they would want to work with you more!
One week before using Colgate Optic White Plus Shine
I smile a lot because I like happy stuff and it’s natural to me. To take care of my smile, I practice good dental hygiene and of course, use smart products that will make me smile confidently. Garish teeth is a no-no so I use whitening toothpastes such as the new Colgate Optic White Plus Shine: it has whitening accelerators and micro crystal particles that help make your teeth one shade whiter and shinier after one week*.
One week after using Colgate Optic White Plus Shine
I’ve used it for seven days straight and noticed that my teeth looked a bit whiter-I’m a severe coffee drinker and to date, this is the only toothpaste that helped minimize coffee stains on my teeth. (*Please use as directed on pack. For extrinsic stains only. Results may vary) I’m not sure if it will work for intrinsic stains though; for this teeth problem, please see a dentist.
I hope you enjoyed this uplifting list! I am also encouraging you guys to join Colgate Optic White Shine Bright With Solenn #ShiningSelfie campaign and uplift others through your shining moments. Just take 7 selfies for 7 days featuring a tube or box of Colgate Optic White Plus Shine and say on the captions how you shone on each day, and post them on Colgate Philippines’ Facebook fan page. 7 lucky gals will be chosen and win a sparty plus an exclusive METRO magazine feature with Solenn Heussaff, and Colgate gift packs. Contest is open to girls aged 18-39 years old. Promo is extended until June 30, 2015. Good luck!
For more information about this contest, please visit COLGATE PHILIPPINES on Facebook.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.