Antipodes Ananda Antioxidant- Rich Gentle Toner Review



Here's a review on Antipodes Ananda Antioxidant- Rich Gentle Toner.

Price: P1,425.00
Bought From: Free
Other Locations :Available at Wellness Connect, SM North EDSA

THE VERDICT:

Irritated, reddened skin is such a pain not only for the face, but for the arse. :p I experience this every time I use a nose pore strip. Some of you would probably say that I should stop using pore strips then if it's hurting me, but it's the only effective not to mention, affordable way for me to get rid of surface pore blockage. Beauty is freedom, but sometimes, it has a price. LOL!

When I encounter this skin ordeal, I turn to mild toners to soothe my skin and at the same time, shrink my pores to prevent dirt from penetrating them, and my go- to lately is Antipodes Ananda Antioxidant Toner, this award- winning toner that calms, hydrates, and protects; Nothing's quite as gentle and effective as this baby when it comes to comforting irritated skin and redness!

ANTIPODES ANANDA ANTIOXIDANT- RICH TONER IN DETAIL

Antipodes is a certified organic, cruelty- free, earth- friendly brand from New Zealand with products backed up by science and funded by nature. Antipodes utilizes the most potent ingredients from all over the world, but mostly, from New Zealand. Ananda is a toner for sensitive skin with artesian water from the 15,000 year- old Waiwera, Raspberry Seed (Omega and antioxidant- rich), Bulgarian Rose Oil, Aloe Vera, Marshmallow plant extract, and Mamaku Black Fern; this Harper's Bazaar Beauty Awardee for 2012 claims to soothe irritated skin, infuse skin with antioxidants and anti- aging effects, provide daily, hydrating relief, and boost skin's moisture.


Ingredients

There are two, alien ingredients in this product so I researched about them to share them with everyone: 

Mamaku Black Fern: used in ancient times by Māori as a wound treatment as it is believed to speed up skin repair. 
Waiwera: a 15,000 year- old Hot Springs in New Zealand, a great source of beneficial minerals for the skin.


What got me interested in Antipodes is its apothecary- style packaging that, to me, resembles expertise, plus everything this brand offers looks pretty and luxe.

More about this natural way to get rid of irritated skin and redness after the break!

ANTIPODES ANANDA ANTIOXIDANT- RICH TONER IN ACTION

This is literally like water, but with a slight Rose scent; I'll give 10 stars to this department just because I am a lover of Rose fragrance. It yields zero sting, tautness, dryness and despite its water consistency, it does not leave the skin craving for moisture, but rather feeling and looking healthy and well- hydrated from within.

Honestly, it did not yield noticeable results in my first use, not even in the 5th or 10th use so I thought it was 'okay', but an unfortunate event made me discover how awesome this toner is: One time, the sides of my nose got really red and sensitive after using a nose pore strip. I tried applying water to the affected parts, but it stung like hell. Out of desperation, I grabbed a toner and luckily, it was Antipodes Ananda Toner; I sprayed it generously on two cotton pads and swiped one gently across the afflicted parts while the other one served as a compress. In a matter of minutes, about 5 minutes, the irritation subsided. The next day, the redness was minimized by 50%. I continued using this toner until the sides of my nose got better. Since then, I hailed this product golden and it's now the partner toner of my nose pore strips. What I dislike about this product is its atomizer dispenser as I find such packaging a waste of time plus it's expensive--at least it works and the unique ingredients and overall look and feel of the product kinda' justified the price for me.

Here are the other uses of this toner:

1. Makeup setting spray
2. Water for makeup application
3. For mixing with regular liquid foundation for additional skin benefits
4. Facial Mist

Given its formula, I truly believe that this toner is best not only for all skin types, but for sensitive skin. If you're dealing with minor skin irritations, Ananda will take 'em away, plus it's a great pick-me-up facial spray for your everyday freshening needs.

ANTIPODES ANANDA ANTIOXIDANT- RICH TONER RATING

Visit WELLNESS CONNECT NZ on Facebook for more details on this product.

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. You know, I stopped using pore strips. I bought the watsons brand based on your recommendation. It was OK but I just stopped using it. I think I've read somewhere that it is very damaging in the long run but I'm not so sure. But I still pick on some white heads and blackheads. Lol. I think it is equally damaging but I have to get them out, just not with pore strips.

    This toner looks nice but it's a bit expensive for me. I use toner everyday and Dickinson's Witch Hazel has been working for me. It's affordable and lasts me for more than a year. Thanks for this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm also a nose strip user and redness on the nose is really possible. thank you for this ms. m atleast i could try it out. and being that it's organic is a big plus for me! it's a bit pricey but i think it's worth it. ingredients with organic brands+the processing tends to be costly than drugstore brands so it's expected. this will definitely go to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a recent convert of Rose scented toners after I have tried MAMONDE rose water toner from Korea
    I cannot claim that this is better than the product that you have just reviewed Ms. Martha but the rose scent and the moisturizing properties is what made me appreciate the Korean toner.Also this is my first time to hear about a product from NEW Zealand actually but it only affirms what I heard from relatives that other countries are lean more towards natural but effective products than chemically-laden ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a recent convert of Rose scented toners after I have tried MAMONDE rose water toner from Korea
    I cannot claim that this is better than the product that you have just reviewed Ms. Martha but the rose scent and the moisturizing properties is what made me appreciate the Korean toner.Also this is my first time to hear about a product from NEW Zealand actually but it only affirms what I heard from relatives that other countries lean more towards natural but effective products than chemically-laden ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not really a nose strip user. But I use the iwhite blackhead remover. It hurts as well but not too much, yet it's effective for me. Hmm about this toner, it's a bit expensive for me. :/ If it won't work for me after a few tries, it would make me think that it's a waste. Good thing that it's natural though

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pbhie: A Rose- scented toner, you say? Sold! Now where to get that? :)

    Abegaill: Hope that Antipodes will sample soon in our local sampling sites. :)

    CJ: Nice to know that someone understands why some products tend to be more expensive than others, especially certified organic products. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can get it 50% off in welness connect new zealand until july 18 2017 :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)