In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Five Good Night Creams For Oily Skin
The BER months are almost here! Gosh, Christmas time is here! I know, I'm exaggerating, but I can't wait for the holidays! :D
Speaking of the holidays, I am once again embarking on a strict workout and diet phase to make me less guilty when I pig out on the holidays. Will update everyone on this soon. Workout is called Zombie Apocalypse workout, btw. ;)
Our FMF for the last Friday of August is from Bel:
I have oily to combo skin. What's the best night cream you can recommend? Thank you and more power! I love reading your blogs!
Thank you for being a fan. :)
With your question, I remember a friend who has very oily skin who told me that those who have the same skin type as hers should not use night cream anymore and let the oil suffice in keeping the skin hydrated while sleeping. That may be okay if you don't really care so much about skincare and stuff, but I personally believe that regardless of the skin type, you should use night cream as this product will: 1.) Help stall oil production for a grease- free morning. 2.) Healthier, properly moisturized and hydrated skin. 3.) Prevent carry over of excessive sebum production to the rest of the day.
So yes, night cream can be worn by those with oily skin types too and these are my tried and tested creams that keep my skin hydrated at night yet without making it slick.
1. Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream
- Olay has always produced great moisturizers and Regenerist is a new discovery and fave of mine. This rich yet grease- free moisturizer leaves the skin with the right amount of moisture to keep it soft and protected, plus I noticed that my skin looked firmer with this one.
2. Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Moisturizing Lotion (Not in photo)
- This famous Japanese brand of moisturizer is very light yet hydrates skin really well. It's very ideal for excessively oily skin and during summer.
3. Tony Moly Naturalth Goat Milk Cream
- This yummy moisturizer is emollient and great for the cold weather. It's made with natural Goat's Milk that nourishes skin from the outside in.
- I love using this product whenever I just popped a pimple or have undergone a facial procedure because it has Antalglicine that yields analgesic effects. It is infused with Hyaluronic Acid as well, a known moisture attracting and maintaining ingredient.
5. Origins Make A Difference Plus+ Regenerating Treatment
- This lightweight, gel moisturizer is surprisingly very moisturizing and it has a relaxing lavender scent, perfect for a good night's sleep.
**Got a burning question about makeups, skincare products, beauty, dieting and health tips, relationships, or whatever? Just send them to email@example.com or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's Facebook Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. ;)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.