In: BEAUTY BUZZ
How To: Effectively Curb Impulsive Makeup Spending
Photo Credit: Reddit
As makeup lovers, I know we've all had that "I already have enough lipstick OOOH LOOK A NEW LIPSTICK BRAND!" moments; we've tried our best to curb the habit of impulsively buying makeup, but one red lippie is always never enough; we always need to get all sorts of red there is! Well, we're not called makeup lovers for nothing!
I've read this tweet one time that blatantly says: "Your bills don't care!" Yup, we can go on and on about how broke we are because of makeup shopping, but bills will always be at the doorstep every month, demanding to be paid. Moments like that, you wish that your bill collector is willing to accept a highlighter kit as payment. Sadly, that is not the case.
I've been through this and I'm proud to say that I can now say no to a new makeup collection or product without being tormented afterwards; it was tough for a makeup lover like me, but I can assure you, it's doable and I'm sharing some techniques on how you can curb impulsive makeup spending.
1. SAVE UP FOR SOMETHING GRAND
- It can be travel, a house, a luxury hand bag, jewelry or anything that is valuable or requires a huge sum of money; this should help you curb the spending habit pronto!
2. LOOK AT THE MAKEUP THAT YOU DON'T OR RARELY USE
- Admit it, there are more makeup that you don't use compared to you use. Go through your makeup stash every once in a while to rediscover products or to remind yourself how much money you wasted LOL.
3. KEEP TRACK OF YOUR MAKEUP
- Keep a diary of your makeup to know if you still have a lot of a certain color or item, or if there's anything that you can combine, mix and match, or use as an alternative to a new makeup that you're eyeing.
3. THINK OF YOUR FUTURE
- We all have dreams of having our own property, car, or business someday. Now think of that often. Think where you would like to be 5- 10 years from now and estimate how much money you will need to get there.
In my case, a lot has changed since my boyfriend proposed to me. Now all I can think about is our house, our bills, appliance and furniture, and future investments. Exciting times!
Photo Credit: payscale.com
- Invest in education, in fitness, in insurance, or in any money- generating activities. Adopt a money- growing mindset.
That's all! What are your tips and ways in curbing impulsive makeup spending?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.