Borage Oil- an ideal beauty supplement for women?


When I go to health and wellness stores, I find most supplement suggestions for women too generic like the usual vitamins, the multiples, Folic Acid, and Vitamin E. Now that I’m 30 and since I mentioned that anti-aging is now a concern of mine, I’m now more into beauty supplements, especially those that help with skin health.

As a firm believer of the healing wonders of plants (that’s why I have an affinity for plant- powered skin care), I’ve been searching lately for a good plant- derived supplement that aids in my beauty concerns and learned that Borage Oil is a good supplement to consider!


Photo credit: thompsonandmorgan.com

Borage is plant that is native to Europe, and North Africa. Also known as the Starflower, this plant is characterized with violet, star- shaped leaves with hairy stems and leaves. It is utilized in herbal medicine due to its rich Gamma Linoleic Acid content, a type of Omega 6 Fatty Acid, at 20-24%. GLA is great for reducing inflammation, which reportedly makes it a good remedy for Atopic Dermatitis, Psoriasis, and Eczema.

But how does Gamma-Linoleic Acid exactly help with inflammation?

GLA starts as Linoleic Acid in the body and is then converted into GLA by D6D or delta-6-desaturase, a body enzyme that acts as catalyst for this fatty acid. After a series of biochemical conversions, GLA becomes Prostaglandin E1 (pg e1), a very important molecule that prevents inflammation, regulates water loss, and helps protect from cell damage. However, D6D can be slow- acting and some people may not even have an ample supply of it due to various reasons, with health condition as the biggest factor. This is why taking Gamma-Linoleic Acid supplements can help with this problem and to ensure that there is a steady supply of GLA in the body.

You can actually obtain GLA from vegetable oils, but with Borage Oil, you can have your dose sans cholesterol. Aside from skin benefits, Borage has a myriad of health benefits as well as it’s known to help with nerve damage and arthritis.


As my search for Borage Oil supplements continue, it found its way to me through Blooming G, a Borage Oil Capsule supplement. Blooming G is by Lo-Ar Pharmaceutical Co., a local, FDA- registered pharmaceutical company that focuses on health and wellness products from its own manufacturing plant, BAUCH. Blooming G is one of their lifestyle supplements and is specially created for women and their beauty concerns; they sent me a sample to try. Great!

So what makes Borage Oil an ideal supplement for women?

For skin concerns, it helps minimize dryness and itching; as you get older, your skin becomes drier and this is what the supplement can greatly address because GLA helps regulate moisture level in the skin and body. Since it helps with inflammation too, this may be a good supplement for those with acne- prone skin.

I’ve also read that it helps with stress management; as a woman, I believe we are the great overthinkers, which make us more susceptible to stress and good to know that Borage Oil can help with that as well.

Oh, here’s another reason why Borage Oil, to me, is a good beauty supplement for women: It helps maintain a healthy reproductive system! Good to know especially now that I’m married and may want to have a baby soon!

Other desirable benefits of Borage Oil include promotion of good bone health, supports healthy blood circulation, promotes heart health by increasing HDL cholesterol concentration in the blood, and boosts immunity.

With these benefits, I’m definitely convinced that Borage Oil is a good beauty (as well as health) supplement for women!

But---just like all supplements, it has its contraindications. Do not take Borage Oil supplements when you are:

Pregnant
Breastfeeding
Taking blood- thinning medicine
Suffering from liver disease

Always, always consult with your doctor first before taking Borage Oil supplement and any supplement in general.

I’m currently on my second week and I’ll be talking about my observations in a different post! So far, I noticed that skin looks more hydrated and surprisingly, my breakout somewhat stopped! More about it soon!

I also have a surprise for you!

Use my code MARTHABG when you buy your first box of Blooming G at bauchcares.com and you will get a FREE surprise package from Blooming G! Surprise is for one time redemption only and valid only with the Blogger code.

You can also get Blooming G at Mercury Drug stores and Metro Pharmacy. Visit BLOOMING G on Facebook, BLOOMING G official website, and shop Blooming G at BAUCH CARES OFFICIAL WEBSITE.

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. I really want to try this new supplement product Ms.martha 👍I heard a lot of positive feedback about blooming G and I encourage to try it too soon 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this article made my day useful 😊 i have oily face, i want also to try this med. Who doesnt want healthy skin anyway? 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mam, martha hindi lang pang paganda iti, marami pa siyang health benefit sa ating katawan. Ok sana ito sakin dahil stress at nadadagdagan ma din ang edad. Kaso nag papa bf ako.. Ayun lang hindi ako pwede mag take sayang.. Thanks dor this info mam, martha irecomended ko to sa mother ko at mga kapwa momshie nadin..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ngayon ko lang po eto narinig parang bago sa pandinig ko tong brand na to. catch Yung attention sa sabi nyo po Nakaka Help sya for stress management., that's the #1 talaga na need ngyon sa isang food supplements. At ang dami pala benefits neto. Thank you po

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m excited for your next post about this. I can’t try this yet cause I’m in my 6th month of pregnancy. I hope it turns out great for you! Will be waiting for your update :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, hubby won't allow me to take supplements baka humina raw resistensiya ko kasi dependent na sa mga ganito. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. nareview din po ito ni ms. anne clutz. Tapos ngayon, recommended nyo din sya. This must be really worth a try

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard about this but thank goodness I found out about it here on your blog! It's nice to know about these things kasi we aren't getting any younger and we need all the help we can get when it comes to our health. Thank you Ms Martha!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)