IT Cosmetics CC+ Oil-Free Matte is the Perfect Base if You're Breaking Out!

IT Cosmetics CC+ Oil- Free Matte in Neutral Tan review.

PRICE: P2,560.00
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at sephora.ph

THE VERDICT:

IT Cosmetics rose to popularity, thanks to their CC+ cream; a lot swear by it for its full coverage, longevity, and skin caring properties that make a difference. Fortunately, I got one in a Sephora gift box that I recently received. Oh, finally! I've been itching to try this product!

I've been suffering a grave breakout for about a month now that's why I'm pretty picky with the products I use because even the bases that do not break me out are breaking me out now for some reason. Ugh!

So I decided to use this product in the meantime because of its skin- caring properties. Glad I did because this base, for some reason, is kind to my breaking out skin and gives me my preferred full coverage effect!



IT Cosmetics CC+ Oil- Free Matte is a color correcting cream with a full coverage finish. Developed with plastic surgeons, this variant of the original is made for oily, acne- prone skin and infused with colloidal clay to absorb sebum, tea tree to fight blemishes, charcoal to detoxify skin, and blended with the signature formula featuring hydrolyzed collagen, hyaluronic acid, peptides, niacin, vitamins, antioxidants; it comes in 12 shades at sephora.ph.

The product comes with a pump applicator in an upside down tube packaging. The packaging looks cool and chic, and the pump is very easy to control.

Neutral Tan is a warm beige shade with yellow undertones; it's a good shade for medium to morena skin tones. It has a slightly creamy, but generally whipped consistency and formula is unscented. It is easy to spread, although can be a little patchy so the best way to spread it is to use a light hand and spread in a downward motion with slight bouncing in between.

Bare skin

With two layers of IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Oil- Free Matte; no corrector or concealer used

IT Cosmetics called this product a foundation and they're right about it; with the coverage it gives, it is really more of a foundation than a CC Cream; I guess they only called it a CC Cream because it is very good at evening out the skin tone even without the help of a corrector.

Here's a closer look. I like that it does cover my skin significantly, but still manages to look natural. 

TBJ TIP: This product is best applied using a flat top kabuki brush.

Full coverage, check. Lightweight, check. Breathable, check. Staying power is good: it keeps my t-zone matte for about 3 hours while the rest of my makeup remains intact even after  6 hours.

It's a good full coverage base, but I wouldn't say it's superior to my favorite full coverage bases like Huda Beauty Faux Filter and Kat Von D Lock It Foundation; frankly speaking, its full coverage effect is okay, but what I love the most about it is it's friggin' gentle on my misbehaving skin. As I said, most of my bases have been breaking me out lately because my skin's on crazy sensitive mode, but with this product, I did not break out at all! The acne- fighting, oil- controlling ingredients in the formula namely charcoal, colloidal clay, and tea tree oil are what I believe to be doing the work here.

After trying out this famous product by IT Cosmetics, I now believe that the biggest reason why it became a hit is its non-offensive formula and the fact that it really does make a difference on the skin with its skin care ingredients. I love this stuff because of that and I've been wearing it ever since I got it two weeks ago because my acne- prone skin can tolerate it; best part is I still get to sport full coverage makeup without inducing more pimples! There are a couple of CC+ Cream variants by IT Cosmetics so go ahead and take your pick; if you have oily, acne- prone skin like me, choose this!

P.S. Use my code MARTHA upon checkout and get 10% discount on your orders. This is a sitewide discount code applicable to all products on sephora.ph!

IT COSMETICS CC+ CREAM OIL- FREE IN NEUTRAL TAN RATING

Please visit SEPHORA PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about this product.

Post a Comment

1 Comments

Let me know what you think of this post! :)