I found an affordable, all- Filipino dupe for Lush Shampoo bars!

Wisdom Skin Therapy Shampoo Bar, Solid Conditioner, and soaps.

PRICE: Shampoo bar- P199 and P229; Solid Conditioner- P149; Soaps- P289
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in WISDOM SKIN THERAPY FB FAN PAGE

THE VERDICT:

I decided that starting this year, I'll cycle bottled shampoo and shampoo bars in my bath routine; it's one of the best things I can do for now to help the planet's problem with plastic waste. Hopefully, I can make the full transition in the near future.

Lush is the pioneer of the shampoo bar; I think it's brilliant; soap for the hair is what I used to call it when it came out. However, Lush's shampoo bar is quite expensive at P425 a pop (but they're good, no doubt about that).

I have a skin care- crazy friend (peace out Erika LOL!) who turned her love for skin care into a business and founded Wisdom Skin Therapy that makes shampoo bars, solid conditioners (whoa!), and soaps that are SLS and Paraben- free, and good to the planet. She told me that these are as good as Lush and she's right! The shampoo bar and most especially, solid conditioner, are good!


Aside from making products that are good for the planet and helps reduce plastic waste, Wisdom's packaging is very minimal; they only provide what's needed, which I love! As much as I love great packaging, I'm aware of the planet's huge waste problem so it's something that I'm willing to forego nowadays.

I have here four products: yellow bar is Perky Pineapple Solid Conditioner. Black bar is Top to Toe Bar in Black Rock. White bar is Top To Toe Bar in Snow Oats. Finally, orange is Tropical Punch Shampoo Bar.

TROPICAL PUNCH SHAMPOO BAR
- Lightly sweet and refreshingly tropical; smells like a glass of punch with a hint of sugar and lime. It lathers well and gives me the feeling that I'm using commercial shampoo sans the synthetic ingredients. It actually looks like Jason and The Argan Oil shampoo bar by Lush. The husk- like particles can actually deliver a bit of exfoliation on the scalp.

PERKY PINEAPPLE SOLID CONDITIONER
- This is the product that my friend is completely proud of because of how it is formulated. It's made with lots of hair- loving oils and it surprisingly feels solid despite that! I rub it around my lower locks for a minute or two; that's enough to get rid of the frizz, tangle, and dryness. I expected that it would revert my hair to a dry state after rinsing because it doesn't have all the silicones and waxes found in commercial conditioner, but surprisingly, it didn't! Trust me, I have very dry hair, especially at the bottom, and this solid conditioner was able to keep it nice, soft, and easy to detangle.

TOP TO TOE BARS IN BLACK ROCK AND SNOW OATS
- Snow Oats is a milk- scented bar that's great for dry skin. It's moisturizing and yields a light softening and perfuming effect to the skin; it's a great bar to use during night baths because the scent is soothing and calming.

Black Rock is reminiscent of your grandma's 'Panghilod', a semi- rough rock that's usually obtained from rivers and used by Filipino grandmothers as a traditional exfoliator. Black Rock contains activated charcoal, tea tree, ginseng, and premium rose water, which are good for blemish- prone skin.

My favorites from the bunch are Perky Pineapple Solid Conditioner and Top To Toe Bar in Black Rock; the conditioner is really good and it's something that I'm going to repurchase. I recommend the two and Wisdom Skin Therapy as a brand if you're looking for affordable alternatives to Lush Shampoo and Conditioner bars, and transitioning to a zero waste lifestyle.

P.S. The products rinse off quickly too so yay to saving more water!

WISDOM SKIN THERAPY BATH BARS RATING

Visit WISDOM SKIN THERAPY on FACEBOOK for more information and to purchase.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. Yay gusto ko rin ma-try yung perky pineapple solid conditioner sobrang interesting nya🤔 hope to try this too soon 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang cute naman nila! hehe, gusto ko yan matry, magpapabili ako sa sister ko, sana pumayag hehe. sana maganda din sakin effect nyan, maarte kasi balat ko hahaha sobra na sa dry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's half of the price of shampoo bars at Lush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for less-expensive dupes for Lush's shampoo bars. Good thing this exists! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)