What I think about Beauty Blogging (Updated)

My laptop died on me when I was about to update this post. So now, here is the real post. No big changes though. :p


Do I have to exactly look like this to become a legit Beauty Blogger???

I don't think so.

I read on one beauty blog that someone on Twitter is trying to become known by saying that some of my fellow beauty bloggers are not beautiful enough to run a beauty blog. I just laughed and told myself "Looks like somebody wants to be (in)famous in the cyberworld."

I am happy to know that my fellow beauty bloggers were not affected by this person's impudence. But I am sad for this person because he/she only looks at the shallow part of what we do.

You see, we all started as a bunch of people who have passion for makeup, skin care and beauty, and love for anything that will make us appreciate ourselves more. And I couldn't agree more when some beauty bloggers said that beauty blogging is a way for them to overcome their insecurities, and inspire others to overcome theirs. We pay attention to the important things that are often neglected, cast light on beauty- related issues, inform everyone about the hottest and latest beauty innovation, and more importantly, we talk about things that benefit a tired mom who's dying to have a makeover, stressed kolehiyala, budding gal teenager, a late bloomer, or people who have been searching for the best products to cure their skin ailments. We are here to tell every woman that it only takes the right skin care products, skin procedures, and makeup shades to become the best they can be.


Physical beauty might be relevant in this field, but it is not a standard. You've probably heard it for a couple of times, but I would like to say again that 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. Every beauty blogger has found something beautiful in them--something beautiful enough to start a beauty blog. Mahatma Gandhi didn't seem like the perfect person to move a nation because of his looks, but he believed in the beauty of his ability to inspire people. And move a nation he did. I'd like to think of Beauty Bloggers (and blogging) in the same light. Every Beauty Blogger could have found beauty in their physical appearance, in the way they write and speak, or in their ability to engage people. Confidence, enthusiasm, and passion are admirable and commendable traits. And to me, these are all enough to start and run a beauty blog.

So to that troll, think before you speak. I just pray that someday, people will not throw the same stones you hurled at us.

And to my fellow Beauty Bloggers, newbies or veterans:



:)

Post a Comment

20 Comments

  1. Very well said ms.Martha. I've read that too and it was Ms.***. I am an avid fan of her blog too. Wala lang magawa sa buhay nya yung nagsabi non. I agree, di naman kailangan na maging mala-ann curtis or any beautiful celebrity tayo para magkaron tayo ng rights na magblog. I love reading blogs, and i love blogging too thou I'm a newbie palang, it somehow makes me feel beautiful and confident. And also, i benefited from it because reading your blogs, and other beauty related blogs can help me to find the products that might help me with my dilemma when it comes to beauty/skin products. So all I can say is, KUDOS to all beauty bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thesis actually has something to do with beauty blogging and I can attest that there's more to us beauty bloggers than just skincare, makeup and fashion. We have the power to influence, market and lastly inspire. This is such a great post Martha!

    xoxo,

    Iya

    http://prettylittlepetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my own opinion, that blogger might need some "feeling of community". I can't say more though, he/she has the right to voice out his/her own opinion, :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know this issue but thank you for sharing the story. I'm also inspired by your blog that's why I continue to read beauty bloggers daily posts and reviews. I'm a SAHM and blog reading makes me feel confident about myself not just in physical aspects but also gives me better understanding and knowledge about skin care. I love beauty bloggers ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely agree!

    You don't have to be someone just to be known. People like this should know reality..

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love beauty bloggers because you are real. Real women don't look like celebrities...and readers like us , we don't aim to look like models. We just want to be the best that we can be and we share that passion with bloggers.

    It's a pity that this person had to use someone to be relevant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mabuhay kayO! if not for beauty bloggers like you, i wouldnt know a lot skin care. and some other things like perfume, branded items, etc. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. Katouch the last paragraph! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. jen: and very well said too my dear. :)

    iya: hello and welcome! Hugs to you my fellow beauty blogger. :)

    tala: I consider that. But there are some things that one has to keep to him/herself. And even if he/she just wants to voice his/her thoughts,he/she could've been wiser.

    kath: thanks for sharing dear! :) I also visit your blog. :)

    Arlette: hello! thanks for sharing. :)

    jakie: thank you! :)

    janine: why thanks dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think that's very unwise to do..hindi nya naman dapat sabihin yun...i believe that a wise person should know how to speak her mind and mind her speech..everyone has the right to tell their own opinion, pero dapat pa rin isalalay yung mararamdaman ng tao, at syempre kung may basehan ba yung sinasabi nya..the comment isn't realistic para saken..i'm glad to know na hindi affected yung sinabihan nun..thanks for sharing this one..sana na realise nya yung sinabi nya at wag na ulit yung gawin..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will bookmark this dahil na-inspire ako, I hope to meet all the beauty bloggers sa Pinas! Different shapes and forms but with the same passion. :)

    http://kimpossiblygorgeous.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is something i love about beauty blogging. :) all beauty bloggers share the passion for beauty and support each other.

    if someone was indeed perfect then she could just start a photography blog or a fashion blog. :D that way she can highlight all her assets. haha! beauty blogging is about sharing and inspiring people. that's what i think anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. tim: hello! nice to see a dude comment here. :) Exactly my thoughts. Thank you for pinning 'em down. :)

    alpha: Indeed true. thanks for sharing.

    Kim: thank you! :) by all means, do. :)

    sugar: hello there! if someone is perfect, that person is probably God. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so true! beauty blogging is more than the physical aspect. blogging in general, is about exploring your passion and sharing them to others who have that same love...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im not aware of the story too. maybe she wanted to voice out her opinion siguro naging sarcastic lang comment nya. and I thank beauty bloggers, sa dami ng beauty bloggers which I follow they contribute a alot to the buying public. And that `is true u dont need to be popular to be a beauty blogger or endorse a product BUT of course a blogger needs to be presentable din that is how u will endorse a product. that is how people will see the product thru u. (just my 2cents) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. couldn't agree more Ms. Martha.. we love you just the way you are! haha.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. well said! I just came across your blog and I saw this post. very well said! :) I couldnt agree more... kasi we are one community here. I mean, I am a newbie. And I think those people who are more experienced or whatever, should guide and inspire their fellow bloggers more. kesa magsiraan it is better kung magtulungan. we should all help each other go up, and not push them down.

    -chel
    http://allaboutbeingglam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beauty is in the eyes of beholder, do not mind them... As long as we honest and enjoy our passion, you go for it

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)